Sign in to follow this  
maverick111

Computer Pilot Magazine

Could someone with the forum let me know if a certain person who has given alot to Avsim and who I believe is suppose

to be handling the Computer Pilot Mag after PC Pilot gave it up.

Let me know if this topic is not allowed on this forum or if it is, where?

Thank you,

Maverick

All I know is that I never renewed my subscription, though the new owner keeps sending me a bill for subscription renewal. I have responded indicating that I did NOT renew, and will not be renewing. I received an acknowledgement from them of my intentions, though I continue to receive bills from them.

Something is not right over there. At any rate, I am ignoring any emails and bills I receive from them now. Good luck to them.

There were questions there but what they were is in question too, did you want to know if the mention of the name Francois Dumas would cause thunder to rumble and lightning to strike?

Whats the direct question ? he is a member and has a voice , and can be found off his motorcycle often enough to pop in .

Just stumbled on this today. Thanks Chuck ;-) Actually, I WAS on my motorcycle the day the OP posted his 'question'. And to which I might add: 'What's the question?'

I am obviously not very good i cryptic things :-)

As to the other post: yes, take-over and re-launch of Computer Pilot was (and IS) not an easy operation. We've gone into the why and who and when often enough and all information can be gleaned from our website (not surprisingly at www.ComputerPilot.com )

And we are NOT there just yet (although I hope MVZ will by now have stopped sending invoices and invoice reminders... shjeeeez !)

The GOOD news is that MOST readers have finally found the first NEW magazine in their mailboxes all over the world !! And the ones who haven't, should report to service@computerpilot.com

I know we've gotten a lot of flak (and some of it certainly deserved from a customer point of view) but we're still VERY hard at work to not only produce a great magazine but ALSO to get the back office stuff in order. Since it is only the two of us here and one lady manning the phone in the US, you can imagine we got our hands full currently ;-)

We're not giving up yet and working on the second issue as we speak !

Cheers all !

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Perhaps Francois_Dumas could explain what is role actually is with Computer Pilot and who is the new owner?

Perhaps Francois_Dumas could explain what is role actually is with Computer Pilot and who is the new owner?

That's easy: I am the new Managing Editor (officially mainly doing the website, but reality often defies gravity, so I am doing the mag as well currently). Marc Goergen, owner of Maui Artwork in Luxemburg who also produce Flight! Magazin, is the new owner.

You can read it all i this (and other) article on our new website here: http://www.computerpilot.com/the-magazine/what-happened/

And there's even an interview on-line at FS Breaks here:

Hope this helps ;-)

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

And now, Francois is gone from the magazine. He is a great guy, but if you hadn't been paid in over 6 months what would you do? Check him out at:

FSAddon Publishing

The Netherlands & France

www.fsaddon.com

www.fsaddon.eu

This magazine will never get going again, I'm afraid. That means I lost over 2 years' of paid up subscription money (which was for the remaining subscription term that I had when the mag was sold by PC Aviator). That's just "chump change" to what the former employees of Computer Pilot have lost!

What angers me the most is that I was constantly being told that my paid up subscription would be honored IN FULL, then that I would receive a subscription balance based upon what I had paid PC Aviator and extrapolated to the single issue prices of the new magazine, then that I would be sent the 1st issue, then that the issue HAD been sent (3 times). Well, I never got a single issue and had it not been for a great guy like Francois Dumas, I would not have even got the PDF download! Well, lesson learned I guess.

I just want to warn people - DO NOT subscribe to something that does not exist! If/when it should get started again (not likely) then make your decision.

I must unfortunately confirm the last post here. I indeed left Computer Pilot (as did Pam, the lady taking care of US customers, and a number of the writers).

I posted all this on the website - but not surprisingly, it has been brought down, and replaced by a rather bland and uninformative site. The forum is gone as well.

I would advise AGAINST taking out new subscriptions at this time, even though I am supposed to get my back pay through those. There is currently nobody except Marc himself able to do anything on bringing out a new edition. Also the problems with shipping and the mess with the administration have not been solved either.

I left because I simply could not afford to spend all my time for free on the magazine and website, but also because I did not want to be associated with the bad customer service that was and is being displayed. Not my style.

I still hope Marc will find money somewhere so he can re-start the mag, but I am also afraid he'll have lost all the remaining goodwill by now - not to mention the great writers we had.

Sadly,

Francois

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog