Sign in to follow this  
cadi man

777 Questions

After viewing the outside of the T7 shown by Capt Robert....there is a small fin on the outside of the engine cover..on the inboard

side of each engine......can you explain the purpose for this fin,

Also if Ryan is reading this...will the T7 be tested by someone with a TH2 go and 3 screens,

Cheers

Don Nelson

From what I am aware those strakes are there as vortex generators to help maintain the airflow boundary layer around the nacelles and wing during high angle of attack, reducing the stall speed. The big engines are naturally bad for airflow over the wings so these help.

Many aircraft have them these days including the 737NG and MD-11 (both modelled by PMDG)

I would like to know what prices are expecteD?

PMDG likely doesn't have price estimates yet, but it should be on par with their other products.

Matheus Mafra

I would like to know what prices are expecteD?

Most likely $70-$100. Price doesn't matter to me, when it's the 777 anyway!

:drinks:

We'll have to do a 77F flight one day! Hopefully PMDG or someone else makes the Panda livery for Fedex!

We'll have to do a 77F flight one day! Hopefully PMDG or someone else makes the Panda livery for Fedex!

I have a deal with one of our pilots that when the 777 comes out, we are going to fly the real world flight FDX8- non stop from Memphis to Dubai. The more, the merrier!

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I have a deal with one of our pilots that when the 777 comes out, we are going to fly the real world flight FDX8- non stop from Memphis to Dubai. The more, the merrier!

Cool I'm up for it! :-)

Is that for the 77F or you going to use a Fedex paint on the 77L? If someone could paint over all the windows etc that'd be cool!

My first flight will probably be DFW-ORD, 1st revenue flight.

My first proper flight will most likely be EGLL-OMDB.

However I'll probably have a day of testing it, putting it to the extreme and just exploring it up and down the UK :P Pretty confident I'll know my way around after hours and hours of watching these DVD's, photos & hundreds hours in the 767! Just I like to put things to test like doing CAT3 ILS, RNAV Arrivals, Engine Out on Departure, Landing near/at MTLW etc.

I'm definitely probably going to jump straight into an Ultra Long Haul ^_^

My first proper flight will most likely be EGLL-OMDB.

However I'll probably have a day of testing it, putting it to the extreme and just exploring it up and down the UK :P Pretty confident I'll know my way around after hours and hours of watching these DVD's, photos & hundreds hours in the 767! Just I like to put things to test like doing CAT3 ILS, RNAV Arrivals, Engine Out on Departure, Landing near/at MTLW etc.

I'm definitely probably going to jump straight into an Ultra Long Haul ^_^

OMDB for sure. Don't no from where. EDDL or EDDF. But I think more Frankfurt. :)

And you're watching those DVD's too? On YouTube I love the Air Austral 77W approach/landing into Marseille. If you haven't seen it yet, there's a nice few from the taxi camera on approach.

One thing: Some guys writing their waiting for the -200/ER. Did PMDG already announced that?

OMDB for sure. Don't no from where. EDDL or EDDF. But I think more Frankfurt. :)

And you're watching those DVD's too? On YouTube I love the Air Austral 77W approach/landing into Marseille. If you haven't seen it yet, there's a nice few from the taxi camera on approach.

One thing: Some guys writing their waiting for the -200/ER. Did PMDG already announced that?

Yeah I bought all the ACA 777 DVD's. The 77W & 77L to Sydney are the best. The Polar is okay, not nearly as in depth as the others. Half of it is talking to the Captain! I personally wouldn't recommend it if you don't care for Polar flying.

Nothing about the 772/ER officially from PMDG, back in March Rob said they'd make which ever ones had demand. I made a poll a few months back and it clearly showed people want the 772/ER so I bet It'll be after the 77F. I have a feeling after the 77W the expansions won't come as quick. Only because the 747, NGX expansions and whatever PMDG has planned after has to be done. But luckily for us and Jason the whole 777 fleet is fairly similar (looks wise) so it shouldn't be too much of a pain, although I have no idea on modelling ha.

But first, lets get the base pack :P

If someone could paint over all the windows etc that'd be cool!

Is that even possible now that PMDG uses clear windows now and not just painted windows like they did before? (prior to the J41)

Cool I'm up for it! :-)

Is that for the 77F or you going to use a Fedex paint on the 77L? If someone could paint over all the windows etc that'd be cool!

We'll be all over the first one to release. Jeff will have it painted in no time like he did with the NGX.

Is that even possible now that PMDG uses clear windows now and not just painted windows like they did before? (prior to the J41)

Totally possible. Extremely easy with the NGX in fact.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo