Sign in to follow this  
Bernie5

Pro Flight Advertising on FB Again

Thought you would like to know that "That" simulator is being advertised on Facebook in the UK again - this time with "avsim.com" as the click-on address.

I hardly need to say that clicking on it does NOT bring you here to Avsim, but rather drops you at the Profilght web-site.

Still can't find how to complain to FB about this, so I'll go back & have another look.

Bernie

Yeah I've had an advert for it on fb the last few days. I knew nothing about the scam and it wasn't until I did a bit of digging (and watched the videos thinking 'this is FSX?!') and searched on here that I realised it was dodgy.

Facebook has technology much like google and others have; they match the advertising to what you browse frequently. It doesn't surprise me if that entity selling that crap has keyed on your love for avsim and now points or shows as avsim.com. Thankfully, you know already we'd NEVER EVER advertising that product here! :)

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

They're back today with a click here of "Flightsim.com"!!

Persistent little b*ggers aren't they?!? :angry:

Does that possibly constitute criminal misrepresentation to some extent? I highly agree, that to hook onto reputable names to bolster sales, of someone else's tiresome and free work, is pathetic.

Looks like it's already been taken down - but will no doubt surface again in a few days!

Don't know why FB make complaining so difficult - if they just had a "complain about an ad" button it would be so much easier!!

Looks like it's already been taken down - but will no doubt surface again in a few days!

Don't know why FB make complaining so difficult - if they just had a "complain about an ad" button it would be so much easier!!

There is. Are you guys talking about an ad like on the right side of your Facebook or a Facebook page?

It's one of the ads that pops up on the right.

How do you complain about these ads to FB?

It's one of the ads that pops up on the right.

How do you complain about these ads to FB?

If you put your mouse over it, there should be a little grey X. Click on it, then click on Misleading.

Thanks for that - I'll use it the next time that they pop up!!!