Sign in to follow this  
tripecac

GMap - Cannot connect to MS Flight

I start MS Flight, and then start GMap, and when I click the GMap button it says "Cannot connect to MS Flight".

I've tried GMap versions 2.0 and 2.1 (the most recent version - July 4 I think). Neither work. I've also tried starting GMap before and after Flight starts.

I'm using the Steam verison of Flight, install on my D drive.

Any ideas on how I can get GMap working?

Try starting a flight in Hawaii then start GMap and connect. Leave GMap open and move to Alaska.

To have the user aircraft point in the correct direction you need to have the HUD active.

George

I had that error the other day and just switching from Alaska to Hawaii fixed it.

I started Flight, switched to an airport in Hawaii, took off, started Gmap, and it still says it cannot connect to MS Flight.

I then switched to an airport in Alaska, and still no go.

But then I tried running it as Administrator, and it worked.

Looks great once it's running! I just hope I can get it to run consistently...

Do we have to jump to/from Hawaii each time we started Flight in order for GMap to work?

Do we have to jump to/from Hawaii each time we started Flight in order for GMap to work?

GMap works fine for me starting in Alaska. I haven't been back to Hawaii since Alaska was released.

The only problem is the airplane icon pointing magnetic north instead of the direction my plane is facing. There's an easy solution if the plane is pointing mag north, 000 degrees: use your last position and current position to determine the plane's heading. This would work even if it was pointed correctly, as the difference at mag north wouldn't happen often and wouldn't matter.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

This morning I started Flight (in Alaska), jumped to the airport in Kodiak, and then started GMap. It loaded fine, except when GMap was loading, Flight also seemed to re-load the scenery. Strange! Does this happen to you too?

It loaded fine, except when GMap was loading, Flight also seemed to re-load the scenery.

I don't think I have seen that - Gmap always seems to load up and connect to Flight just fine for me. Only one time, it gave me an error trying to load the map after it connected to Flight, I disconnected and reconnected, and it loaded up just fine then.

The only issue I have with it, is the airplane icon always pointing in a northeasterly direction, but understand that is being addressed in the next update - at least hopefully we will get a next update.

The only issue I have with it, is the airplane icon always pointing in a northeasterly direction, but understand that is being addressed in the next update - at least hopefully we will get a next update.

It will point in the correct direction if you enable the HUD in Flight.

George

It will point in the correct direction if you enable the HUD in Flight.

George

That does not work in my case, I had seen that earlier as well - apparently for some that works, for others not.

Thanks,