Sign in to follow this  
Lemond23

Weather engine and weather radar?

You are still ignoring the fact that P3D is used in real world pilot training simulators. If those people have a problem with the way weather is handled, believe me that LM will have that stuff changed ASAP.

It's quite amzing how difficult it is to convince people that weather radar on fs9,fsx and p3d is not real weather radar!!!!!!!

It's quite amzing how difficult it is to convince people that weather radar on fs9,fsx and p3d is not real weather radar!!!!!!!

It is also quite amazing how difficult it is to convince people that this is a computer program and, as such, can be PROGRAMMED to do what ever you want. The 'native' FSX doesn't do it but since LM is recoding various areas of ESP code, it is very well possible that they will have a working weather radar.

A simple but very inefficient method comes to mind - create a gauge that downloads and displays REAL WEATHER RADAR from the net.

What's so hard to understand?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Or is connected to your weather programme?

If P3d did a radical re-write of the FSX engine (which they would have to do in order to get close to any kind of realistic weather radar) then it's likely that all the weather engines for FSX both free and payware would also have to be re-written.

So I'll say it again! Weather radar in fs9,fsx, and P3D(as it stands now) is fake!!!!!

I don't argue, but I just wondered whether as an addon gauge, Wx radar could be coded to run off Active Sky X or REX. I certainly couldn't do it, just a thought.

I don't argue, but I just wondered whether as an addon gauge, Wx radar could be coded to run off Active Sky X or REX. I certainly couldn't do it, just a thought.

I doubt it because weather radar is looking for moisture returns. The weather engine would have to exactly replicate the amount of precipitation in a particular cloud and where in that cloud it exists. Weather engines rely on METARS and they don't give that sort of information.