Sign in to follow this  
TheRedBaron

La Guardia is now Edo?

I go to New York and La Guardia is in the list and when I select it with the default "active runway" it shows Edo

It shows Edo, is this while still in the Free Flight screen or after you actually load the flight?

If you go to  the airport selection screen, does 4NY2 show up as being in New York city or College Point?

Every airport has a reference point, a lat/lon address. FS uses this ARP, and your plane's proximity to it, for several purposes.

Here I have loaded up KLGA in Airport Designer X and placed my plane on the piano keys for runway 22. You can see by the guidelines I have drawn that I am closer to 4NY2's ARP than I am to KLGA's. For some purposes FS will see me at Edo, not LGA.

KLGA-Edo-1.jpg

Without moving my plane I have now loaded 4NY2 into ADEX. Interestingly ADE is showing a windsock at LGA even though I loaded Edo.

KLGA-Edo-2.jpg

Here I have zoomed out and you can see the test radii for all of the nearby airports, the red circles.

KLGA-Edo-3.jpg

My suggestion was to move the Edo ARP as far from LGA as you can, staying within the Edo test radius.

Realistically, moving it to somewhere in the black box where the water runways converge is a better idea.

Before doing that I would spend some more time looking at addons. If the default files were bad I would think more people would be seeing what you are seeing.

hope this helps.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif