Sign in to follow this  
speedbird2001

London-Luton to Gran Canaria

Having been out of the Flight Sim world for a number of months, fulfilling my duties as father for our new born daughter, it was wonderful when yesterday, I stepped back into the cockpit. I updated my divers which (for a change) was a good move and then made the normal tweaks through Nvidia Inspector. I was quite amazed just how good FS9 still looks.

So here are some screen shots flying from London-Luton (EGGW) to Gran Canaria (GCLP) on a Compton Departure with a Northern Star arrival and to complete a picture of 'Captain's Assistant'. Not the most imaginative selection but a big shout from me to say it's great to back flying !!

Tristan she's a beaut!

...oh and FS9 is looking good too.

23 years since my daughter was that age and my wife has a picture of me holding her and her cousin posted on the fridge. I look much slimmer, the kids look cute .....but I look like I haven't slept for a month!!!

Wow! ...was that 23 years ago?! Good Luck and best wishes to you and yours.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Best wishes for the newborn simmer :)

excellent shots, gotta get luton myself, it looks awesome and brings back all the memories from FS2000 and the good old DF737 ^_^

Thanks for your kind comments guys. Actually the comparisons are quite palpable.

1. Both bring a lot of love with them and are crimally adorable.

2. Both are quite high maintance are liable for irrational bouts of emotion.

3. The initial package is quite cheap..but the add-ons do add up..considerably.

4. Both grow and grow and grow...

5. Both are liable for mishaps..always at the wrong time.

Tristan

ps Sorry about the photos..they seem to be very mis-aligned !

"The initial package is quite cheap..but the add-ons do add up..considerably" - that is hillarious!

Congrats on your daughter, make sure you get her in front of a yoke soon, we need new simmers and real pilots.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Start her early! My little girl loves to taxi around...her take-offs are a bit on the hairy side, but eh, she'll learn. Oh and welcome to the best club on the face of the Earth! The parent club!

Thanks Pete and Hank, for your kind words and very excellent advice !! Just got to persuade the wife. That is the difficult bit.

I was going to add that both Flightsim and Babies need 'Pamper'ing, but such a pun would get me banned from these forums !

Tristan

Beautifull shots,especially the last one!!

Welcome back,and Congrats on your new family addition!!

Thanks Dimitri,

Great to see that the old crew is still he along with some very welcome new faces.

Welcome back Tristan..nice to see you again and congrats on your daughter!

Nice shots..FS9 still got it :)