Sign in to follow this  
aeroeng90

Bad Performance after Tweaks

Hello,

After trying the tweaks posted by Word Not Allowed and the automated tweaking tool from Bojote, my FSX performs pretty well EXCEPT in cities where I have Aerosoft US Cities X installed which are San Francisco and Manhattan. The FPS range at about 6-9 FPS and there are stutters. I don't think my system can't handle it. I know the RADEON HD 6970 is not the best for FSX but I'm trying to figure out what else I can do to to make the sim run smoother in those areas.

Any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. My specs are listed on my profile.

If your system cant handle it, then move sliders to the left.

Also look at the FS9 forum about the dxt alpha channel fix. Might help.

(A Huge FPS Increase)

I ran the program and noticed less stutters, a smoother ride.

I don't think my system can't handle it.

That's exactly what it is doing - not handling it. You pushed non-OCed CPU and ATI card which basically does nothing else but suck in FSX against one of the heaviest sceneries out there - CitiesX. I suggest you run FSXMark11 and see how your system performs in comparison - if the performance is on par, then your system can't handle more.

The FPS range at about 6-9 FPS and there are stutters. I don't think my system can't handle it.

(I don't follow that last sentence....)

Answer: ----->>>>> You have a 2600K, fer Pete's sake!!!!! AeroEng - make the sucker WORK!! It's just idling!

I guarantee My pc does NOT stutter!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I am running a 6950 ATI card with a 4170 bulldozer @4.6 and FSX is butter smooth even with fly tampa tncm scenery and FSDT KDFW. I woild have to disagree with Word Not Allowed on this fact. my other addons are GEX REX Essentials and UTX,along with PMDG 737 800/900 AND md-11. I also used Bojote tweaks. Jamie Moses

I am running a 6950 ATI card with a 4170 bulldozer @4.6 and FSX is butter smooth even with fly tampa tncm scenery and FSDT KDFW. I woild have to disagree with Word Not Allowed on this fact. my other addons are GEX REX Essentials and UTX,along with PMDG 737 800/900 AND md-11. I also used Bojote tweaks. Jamie Moses

Facts are facts. The Nvidia GPUs and Sandy Bridge + Intels are the way to go. This has been established for years, and anyone building an FSX rig using different hardware is doing so in compromise.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Yes, That is true. But for folks that didnt or dont have the budget for an intel rig We do the best with what we have to work with. I am not trying to get into a intel vs amd war here. I am simply stating facts about what works for me. I am by no means a pro at this, but I will not sit back on my laurels and accept the words of someone else saying ati/amd cards suck for fsx. The are harder tune for fsx, but they will work. Lets keep things POSITIVE here and help fellow simmers,even if they dont have the best hardware. Jamie Moses

Yes, That is true. But for folks that didnt or dont have the budget for an intel rig We do the best with what we have to work with. I am not trying to get into a intel vs amd war here. I am simply stating facts about what works for me. I am by no means a pro at this, but I will not sit back on my laurels and accept the words of someone else saying ati/amd cards suck for fsx. The are harder tune for fsx, but they will work. Lets keep things POSITIVE here and help fellow simmers,even if they dont have the best hardware. Jamie Moses

Relatively speaking, the ATI/AMD cards do "suck" for FSX. Poor shader support for FSX, poor AA implementation, lower clock speeds, sorry driver support, etc, etc. At any rate, the Intel vs. AMD war will perpetuate as long as both companies exist. :P Lastly, trying to keep a sim/PC geek community "positive" is surely p###### in the wind!

I'm glad you've found what works for you! On the other hand, I can make fewer compromises with my Intel/Nvidia system, and will report such in the forums until things change.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Honestly, if you want a budget system, you can build a much more cost effective system going with Intel+Nvidia than AMD.