Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Planning a few purchases and need some feedback

I'm planning on purchasing a couple of add-on's this week and I'd like some opinions on them, preferable from those who have them. Planned purchases are:

Orbx US Central Rockies

Flight 1 Pilatus PC12 - Are there better single-engine turboprops for FSX on the market? I'm looking for an add-on that is of the same quality as those from RealAir

PDMG 737NGX - Is this a good idea now or wait for their 777?

I can comment on two of the three...the Flight 1 PC-12 is excellent and probably one of the top three on the market IMO, the ORBX stuff is also excellent, but like crack because once you have a taste, you will want them all.

I can comment on two of the three...the Flight 1 PC-12 is excellent and probably one of the top three on the market IMO, the ORBX stuff is also excellent, but like crack because once you have a taste, you will want them all.

I know what you mean about the Orbx scenery. I already have PNW and am torn between Central Rockies and Northern Rockies.

Why not get both, or even add PFJ? Makes a nice setup and a huge area to explore. Tongass Fjords also comes in handy.

On the planes, both sound good. The PC-12 is a bit older on the optics but should be a nice thing for smaller fields. Pretty versatile.

The Carenado JetProp would be another single engine turbine in that regime, though not as powerful as the PC-12 but top notch on the optics and sounds. Needs tweaking on the systems though. :mellow:

Why not get both, or even add PFJ? Makes a nice setup and a huge area to explore. Tongass Fjords also comes in handy.

On the planes, both sound good. The PC-12 is a bit older on the optics but should be a nice thing for smaller fields. Pretty versatile.

The Carenado JetProp would be another single engine turbine in that regime, though not as powerful as the PC-12 but top notch on the optics and sounds. Needs tweaking on the systems though. :mellow:

The Jetprop looks nice in the typical Carenado way but I wonder how it compares to the PC12 in terms of "feel". Would "older on the optics" on the F1 equate to better FPS than the Jetprop?

As for Orbx, if given the chance, I'd get all their North American scenery but I have a self-imposed budget I plan on sticking to B)

PMDG 737NGX is excellent, I would get both 737NGX and then 777 when it has been released.

PMDG 737NGX is excellent, I would get both 737NGX and then 777 when it has been released.

I've put myself on a budget or I'd to that :rolleyes:

As it is, I'm not sure how much time I'll spend flying big iron so I don't want to buy more than one good plane.

I have the original fs9 Pilatus and it has very nice graphics, however the view in 2D cockpit is somewhat limited in vision, overall w/ some adjustments in FSUIPC a nice basic plane.

I have the original fs9 Pilatus and it has very nice graphics, however the view in 2D cockpit is somewhat limited in vision, overall w/ some adjustments in FSUIPC a nice basic plane.

Would those adjustments in FSUIPC be needed for the FSX version?

PMDG 737 ngx is very good. If you want to be able to use shorter runway ( regional airports ) I would get the 737 over the 777. The 777 is a medium to long flight aircraft using major airports .

Good flight

Regards

Luc Vanasse

I don't use FSX. hangered it, but I would assume so.....I speak of flt dynamics so the plane does not jump off the runway, etc. in other words, tweak the flight control surfaces a bit.

As it is, I'm not sure how much time I'll spend flying big iron so I don't want to buy more than one good plane.

the triple 7 is more of a long haul while we know it will be outstanding if you only have the time to fly between 1 and say 4 hours in a single flight then the NGX will suit you, if you want to do flights that can be 8 hours or longer then wait for the 777. I buy based on the time i have to fly each day, if i had the time to fly for 8+ hours i would buy the 777 for that but 4 hours tops for each flight for me and the 737 fits the role but i dont fly the NGX i fly the 737-200 and it suits me and the way i like to fly.. got to love retro navigation.. much harder way to fly than pushing waypoints in a cdu :)

-Paul-

The Jetprop looks nice in the typical Carenado way but I wonder how it compares to the PC12 in terms of "feel". Would "older on the optics" on the F1 equate to better FPS than the Jetprop?

Good question on the feel. I love the one on the JetProp and don't have a fresh memory on the PC-12. Good point on the fps. I'd say yes, the PC-12 should be lighter while the JetProp isn't heavy at all, at least with the RXP GPS in the panel.

Whatever you buy, there should be a refund policy in place. The F1 selling system allows it and the Carenado folks also do when being asked. Or you buy the Carenado via F1 too, if they have it in their catalogue.

A very good airplane that has been updated for FSX was the Malibu which I have for fs9 and flew alot. It has all the candy in navigation and such. This is one which should be looked at and get feed back from someone using FSX.

Are you referring to the JetProp, that turbine conversion of the Malibu?