Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Planning a few purchases and need some feedback

PDX Flyer: "I probably will eventually buy some of the orbx airports, but their price seems way over blown?"

Just wait for the next "Grand OrbX Sale"!

B)

Too bad we don't know the date of the next sale or I'd consider waiting.

Due to an issues beyond my control, my plan to purchase Orbx Northern Rockies are now out the window, at least for now and since there are no decent turboprop singles available, I'm on the hunt for another corporate jet.

I already have the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 but another won't hurt. Does anyone know of any corporate jets with the level of detail and systems aka FMS along the lines of the Eaglesoft CX 2.0?

Just wait for the next "Grand OrbX Sale"!

There isn't going to be one. There was a negative (over-)reaction to the one last year which resulted in Orbx saying there we'll have one more at X time (since gone), and that will be that, no more sales.

There isn't going to be one. There was a negative (over-)reaction to the one last year which resulted in Orbx saying there we'll have one more at X time (since gone), and that will be that, no more sales.

Their loss, then. I might have bought a few airports on sale.

I already have the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 but another won't hurt. Does anyone know of any corporate jets with the level of detail and systems aka FMS along the lines of the Eaglesoft CX 2.0?

You might like the Eaglesoft Citation CJ1+ Extreme, which includes a fully-functional Universal UNS-1F flight management system.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You might like the Eaglesoft Citation CJ1+ Extreme, which includes a fully-functional Universal UNS-1F flight management system.

I'll have a look at it. I'd love to hear from anyone who has it on the quality of the textures and how it compares to the CX 2.0.

I also took the plunge and got the PMDG NGX. I'm wondering if that was a mistake now......

What exactl were people complaining about?

A new product came out, a few weeks later there was a (regular) sale and some people got their noses out of joint because they paid full price (heard this somewhere before RoboRay?), so they pulled the pin on any more sales. Lose-Lose, if you ask me. I'd paid full price for whatever it was, saw the sale, shrugged and moved on. That's not to say that resellers won't have sales on Orbx products.

A new product came out, a few weeks later there was a (regular) sale and some people got their noses out of joint because they paid full price (heard this somewhere before RoboRay?), so they pulled the pin on any more sales. Lose-Lose, if you ask me. I'd paid full price for whatever it was, saw the sale, shrugged and moved on. That's not to say that resellers won't have sales on Orbx products.

That's more or less the way I heard it, yeah. And it's a recurring theme, it seems. I don't know why people buy something if they think it's not worth the price, though. A price change in the future shouldn't mean you reassess the value of your past purchases differently. It was either worth the price then, or it wasn't. If it wasn't, you shouldn't have bought it. If it was worth the price, what is the complaining about again? Oh, that's right... people that waited until later got a better price. That happens with cars and donuts, too. Deal with it.

The ORBX thing didn't affect me, as I was still on my long sabbatical from flight sims.

In any case, I'm rapidly coming to love ORBX scenery areas and consider them a great value. The airports... not so much. Yeah, I understand how much work goes into them and that they need to recover that cost and add a reasonable margin on top. And they are priced in-line with their competition's airports. But stilll... I can't justify several hundred dollars to flesh out a small percentage of the airports in a large area that itself costs only a little more than one of the airports. Maybe one or two, if you like flying from a "home base" on a regular basis and want it to have that extra TLC, but that's it.