Sign in to follow this  
N1G

FSX TO PREPAR3D MIGRATION TOOL - ORBX PNW

Has anyone been able to use this tool for ORBX, or is the ORBX tool the best approach? I did not know if the FSX TO PREPAR3D MIGRATION TOOL had been updated as I remember reading that some had trouble with the ORBX scenery. I am not sure if there is any advantage as far as performance with having the ORBX files remain in the FSX directories versus a static install into the P3D environment. There is only one thing I wish to test with P3D and that is the micro stutters that were apparent in 1.3.

This was the only holding pattern for me to move to P3D. I really don't care about the ORBX add-on airports just the default PNW install.

Regards

Bob

For pnw i believe that you have to download a sbsl (side by side license) installer for p3d. The migration tool only works for the airports.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

No need for a side by side install. If you are using the FSX TO PREPAR3D MIGRATION TOOL by Estonia then just point your PNW installer to P3D. It works just fine. Be aware that some of the airport addons need FSX installed along with the ORBX migrator if they dont have P3D installers available.

Will this update the correct version of FTX configurator?

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

if you use the non orbx migrator then you wont have day or night or the p3d ftx central and i dont think you will get support from orbx if you use that method of move your scenery's over to p3d

-Paul-

Which means you will have problems if you have different scenery regions, correct? Like switching from North America to Oceania

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

config programs work well with this tool because it thinks its fsx had no problems with any config programs even UT2 works with this but flight sim companys do not support it

I get that, but if you, like me, have both old and new products from ORBX installed, the new sceneries will be installed directly into prepared (like nzni), while the older ones (like PNW) will be installed using the FSX spoofing method. This would mess up the configuration tool, I would think. I therefore preferred to use the side-by-side licensing app so I have a strictly p3d installation.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Either method works just fine. For example, I've installed PNW with the Estonia migrator. When I purchased KJAC it gives me the option to install into either FSX or P3D. I chose FSX and again used the migrator. That keeps FTX Central on track (no FTX Central for P3D). Since not all ORBX products are ready for P3D , its just cleaner to install them via the FSX migrator. Just my opinion on it though... works fine either way

Either method works just fine. For example, I've installed PNW with the Estonia migrator. When I purchased KJAC it gives me the option to install into either FSX or P3D. I chose FSX and again used the migrator. That keeps FTX Central on track (no FTX Central for P3D). Since not all ORBX products are ready for P3D , its just cleaner to install them via the FSX migrator. Just my opinion on it though... works fine either way

I understand your way of installing ORBX sceneries. But without using the migrator tool you do not get the P3D-entries (e.g. people flow) of the airports in the DLL.XML file.

Patric

Why not? Using the FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool should provide all entries in the dll.xml. The tool makes installer believe it is installing into FSX.

The entry is there but its not correct for P3D. From what I understand the entry needs a file specific to FSX. It wont run on P3D. If you have FSX installed side by side then you can use the ORBX Migrator to direct it to your FSX installation. I no longer have FSX installed so the KJAC scenery (for the most part) is working but Patric is correct it is without People_Flow.

And you did use the "FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool"?

That is correct. Heres a quote by Alex, a FTX dev on the issue:

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Your FSX ObjectFlow DLL's will not work with Prepar3D.

Using the Migrator Tool will solve that by inserting the correct DLL files, provided you have the sceneries installed in FSX.

If you're going to use only P3D, you'll have to use dual installers when they are released

sig_developer.png

KJAC, the package I've used as an example, has both FSX and P3D installers. Pretty simple to fix the issue by using the P3d installer. But what happens is you get two versions of FTX Central. A version for the FSX sceneries you installed via the FSX2Prepar3d Migrator and a second version for the P3d install. There seems to be some concern that these two versions of FTX will conflict with each other. I'm not convinced of that. I believe you could use either/or and get the job done but I need to test it to make certain thats the case. Personally its not worth the effort to test just to watch a few object move back and forth.