Sign in to follow this  
turner112

310 - Slideshow!

Hi all,

Just got the 310 here at AVSIM.

Well, I bought it earlier today looking forward to firing it up when I got home ;)

Anyway, I'll cut to the chase: Normally running 22-25fps... opened up the 310 and am getting 5fps.

This can't be right... can it?

thanks,

Andrew

Nope. It's not normal at all. If it was, the forums would be FULL of this kind of thing no? :P

Are you running acceleration? SP2?

what are your system specs? Video ram in particular...

Have you tried lowering your autogen etc?

Have you tried the 1K textures?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thanks, that's what I figured!

I'm running FSX Deluxe, SP2 -

System is a Dell XPS 8300 i5-2320 3ghz, win 7 home 64, 16 gigs ram, Radeon HD 6450 (1 gb), no autogen (running Massive Scenery)...

Don't know what 1K textures are... but I've just restarted the sim and it's pretty smooth now!

How'd you do that!?

(Would like to know what 1K textures are though)

cheers

Andrew

the 1K textures are 1/4 the size of the originals and are, therefore, much faster.... however, there is, for some, sufficient loss of quality that they cry...

So... it's a risk.

I am glad it's working better... let me know...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Have you tried the 1K textures

Hi tried the link on your web site but got a '404 error'

getting good frame rates on my rig , set at 18, but i thought I might try the low rez tectures as I did with the barron.

the 310 suits my set-up better, I can also have some weather as well Ha ha

many thanks

ps may be I need to register?

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with recently purchased C310, very low frames and stutters.

I tried also de 1K texture set but cannot see any improvement at all.

I'm running FSX SP2 and my system is i7 -2600k @ 3.8ghz, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, 8Gb RAM, Geforce GTS450.

Everything runs perfect on my system, I have a lot of Carenado add-ons for example and they are very smooth with 30fps stable.

What else can be tried?

Thanks and Rgds

Do you have acceleration?

well, it would certainly run faster with acceleration...

Well, thanks.

I have acceleration but never installed

The thing is not that simple because I will need to unistall everything and reinstall FSX + Acceleration + a lot of addons just to see if there is any improvement with the C310.

Rgds,

er... why would you have to uninstall everything? I'm sorry but I don't really have any other suggestions for you although, it does sound, given your machine specs, that reinstalling might not be a bad idea...

Well not sure if installing acceleration over FSX SP2 will work fine, of course I could try it.

you suggest re-installing what? The C310?

Also, I did notice on the 1k res texture pack downloaded from Milviz forum that the main or common "texture" folder is not included, I have only "texture.xxxxxx" for each repaint variation but not the common one, do you have this texture folder resized just to test on my system?

Thanks for your assistance.

test it using any one of the repaints... see if that helps. If not, well... not sure what else to tell you except acceleration and or a complete reinstall... (sometimes, FSX... leaks)