Hi Everyone,

This is a warning to anyone with Kepler cards who is considering upgrading to the new 305.68 Nvidia WHQL Driver.

These drivers have caused major issues with the new GTX660Ti for many users.

LINK

LINK

-Crashes

-BSODS/RSODS (Red Screen of Death)

-Flickering, Artifacts

-Throttling

Thankfully, I reverted back to an old driver and my issues are gone. I just don't want anyone else to be getting these drivers because they are notorious to screw things up with Kepler.

I'm having no trouble at all. Since friday FSX has been stable and very smooth on the 305.68 WHQL on a MSI GTX660Ti Power Edition.

Ricardo De Luca

I'm having no trouble at all. Since friday FSX has been stable and very smooth on the 305.68 WHQL on a MSI GTX660Ti Power Edition.

Well I guess you are one of the few unaffected! I am using 304.87 and everything is working perfectly. I will wait for Nvidia to come out with a few more drivers before I upgrade again. These new cards are still in their infancy and it will take a few drivers until they are more matured.

I am having serious issues with flickering after I downloaded the latest nvidia driver. I have nvidia 580. How do I reverse this problem?

I am having serious issues with flickering after I downloaded the latest nvidia driver. I have nvidia 580. How do I reverse this problem?

Remove the driver via Control Panel, then use Driver Sweeper to completely oust the driver from your system.

305.68 was pulled from NVidia's site, BTW. Still waiting on a WHQL update myself so my Surround settings persist across driver installs. Can't believe they never thought of that one until now...

The driver screwed up my computer. I had to do a system restore to get rid of all the issues. I urge people to stay away from that driver.

Don't think I've ever seen a RSOD....yet.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hi Everyone,

There is some really bad info here. First nVidia has not pulled the beta 306.02 driver. Second I have it installed on my nVidia 550ti card and it works perfect. This driver has not caused any damage to my system or more important to FSX which I get very good frames. I just completed a flight from the KPHX with the new FlightBeam scenery to KDTW with BluePrint scenery, NO graphics problems.

I would suggest that if you post issues make sure that your facts are accurate.

Bob

Bob

I'm not sure what you mean, Bob. If you're not having issues that's great! However, you seem to be indicating that because you aren't having issues, no one else is and that's just plain false.

As a further note, I must retract my previous post, I was not aware that the driver in question only works with the 660ti so when I searched for the driver I searched for a 680 driver and didn't see it listed, thus assumed the driver had been pulled due to issues.

Completely unnecessary conclusion on your part. I had issues on my machine and so did many others. (hence my links)

I *never* said anything like "THIS DRIVER AFFECTS 100% OF GTX660TI USERS".

Guys, there was an assumption or warning that this driver may (MAY), have problems. Any driver can cause problem with some systems. Yes this driver works for me, but the statement that it had been withdrawn is the part i took issue with. It is a beta driver and one must use it at their own risk.

The OP stated a warning, all I did was indicate that's not applicable to everyone.

Bob

hmmm, the warning is about the 305.68 Bobby is talking about the 306.02 so any chance we are not even comparing apples-apples here?

BTW, I am also using the 306.02 with very good results but did not even try the 305.68 as there were others reporting issues.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

BTW, I am also using the 306.02 with very good results but did not even try the 305.68 as there were others reporting issues.

Same here... So far, 306.02 has worked flawlessly on my system.

The OP stated a warning, all I did was indicate that's not applicable to everyone.

I completely understand your point of view but, isn't that already presumed by posters when someone makes a post in regard to a potentially collective issue?