Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Prepar3d Addon (In)Compatibility List

Someone care to try EFB after starting P3D in legacy mode via the fsx2p3d migrator. It fools EZCA, may fool EFB.

es, expect a landslide ! Did you make any progress with your benchmarking ?

Yes, indeed I did. Currently a bit battling a reason for small FPS drops when installing REX-E. I will not post any results until I am 100% sure what it is. Maybe it is just different textures or wave anims...

Someone care to try EFB after starting P3D in legacy mode via the fsx2p3d migrator.

You can install it by fooling, but it doesn't work like that. It *needs* a resident fsx.exe file, whatever it is! The migrator doesn't load the exe, it only correctly positions the paths.

Still don't want to leave the LDS 767 behind. That's the only addon I cannot get to work.

Found a Youtube-Video where the guy gave me some tipps, but that didn't really help in this case. When the configuration manager will show up, there is no Appcrash...that's the only thing I could verify. Unfortunately the configuration manager will not show up with every loading. I suppose there is another thing causing the Appcrash before...

I managed to save a flight after Ioading the 767 without CTD. I can load this flight without problems and change everything (airport, weather, time...) Here the config manager will not show and I have to do fuel and payload settings manually.

Not very satisfied with that...maybe there is anyone out there with some other ideas. It's too bad that this is not working properly :(

Marc Weber

You can install it by fooling, but it doesn't work like that. It *needs* a resident fsx.exe file, whatever it is! The migrator doesn't load the exe, it only correctly positions the paths.

Hi Word Not Allowed,

Just got back in front of my puter and had to try it out for myself. Starting P3D via the Flightsim Estonia Migrator in Legacy Mode does permit EFB to start and function normally. You might not be aware of that mode since its not very well described and kinda hidden away. Take a look at the Estonia .pdf and give it a shot, I'm curious if it works for any1 else.

Another addon working OK: Accufeel.

Also installed couple of sceneries, some Aerosoft, UK2000, FT, ORBX... all working OK. It makes no sense giving a list of those. I think we can conclude sceneries without special DLLs like ORBX, will work OK. Also aircraft without special DLLs are going to work OK.

Problems start with external utilities and aircraft that need exe.xml and dll.xml entries.

Hi Word Not Allowed,

Just got back in front of my puter and had to try it out for myself. Starting P3D via the Flightsim Estonia Migrator in Legacy Mode does permit EFB to start and function normally. You might not be aware of that mode since its not very well described and kinda hidden away. Take a look at the Estonia .pdf and give it a shot, I'm curious if it works for any1 else.

Correct! I didn't know about this.

So what does this do really? I see there is a fsx.exe now in the task manager. Also aero has been disabled.

But:

EZDok Beta 1.17 for P3D works flawlessly with prepar3d.exe

with fsx.exe=cmd.exe mod also all OK

What else might be a problem?

Mischung, I just installed the LVLD using the FSX2P3d migration tool. Working fine, at least a flight from Norfolk to landing at Richmond. It did wack the P3D DLL.XML and I had to fix it. Also it installed the Quartz fonts in the fSX fonts folder. Had to transfer it to P3D fonts folder.

P3D DLL.XML LVLD item:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Word Not Allowed, I dont have a clue what it does lol. The following is all I've found on Legacy Mode:

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

When you start Legacy Mode, fsx.exe is run instead of Prepar3D.exe. fsx.exe will start Prepar3D, but its process will be reported to Windows as fsx.exe. This is required for some older addons such as EZdok, which try to attach themselves to a process named fsx.exe. If they can't find fsx.exe running, they will display errors.

fsx.exe is not a carbon copy of Prepar3D.exe. Some patches are applied are applied, for example Prepar3D version information is replaced with FSX version information in fsx.exe. This way installers checking FSX presence and version based on fsx.exe are fooled into believing that they are dealing with FSX, and yet you can run Prepar3D as "fsx.exe" process.

Paavo Pihelgas

Developer, customer support and cleaning lady at NGO Flightsim Estonia

Seems like a simple one click soution for folks that need to run a program thats looking for fsx.exe. Thats if you have the migrator tool. I have no idea why it was developed primarily for EZCA. Probably it was done before the 1.17 beta. Anyways its another alternative to get EFB started.

I wonder what they mean by PMDG 747 in the manual... what problems are otherwise there?

But whatever logic I still have left - this should have no downside... only be careful when installing some addons. FSUIPC... if there are any others... hmmm

Hi Rendi,

thanks for your help. Also edited the dll.xml and added the leveld manually because the dll.xml was not existing at the first try.

Fonts were installed correctly. I also used the migration tool.

I just did some tests and using my current saved flight I can load the 767 without crash. I changed the liveries via Notepad in the saved file and this is working too.

I have the assumption it has something to do with the payload settings in the save-file (not really sure about that)...I will investigate on that by comparing some flights...

Anyway...using this saved flight I can setup the LVLD for any flight I want...also I was able to save and reload the plane in flight...

But never use the GND CALL button...this will stop the thing quite fast :wacko:

Marc

Marc Weber

But never use the GND CALL button...this will stop the thing quite fas

Yes it does. I didn't notice prvious cause I never use it.

http://forum.avsim.n...atibility-list/

Everyone please make your posts in that thread from now on. I have created some rules so we can keep it organized. :smile:

Yes it does. I didn't notice prvious cause I never use it.

Hi folks is Radar Contact working ok in 1.4?

Thanks