Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Moving to Port St. Lucie Florida - Questions

The media overblows (imagine that) these things here in Florida. Its as if they are almost disappointed it does not hit. A direct hit of FL east coast (where I live as well) is very low. The Gulf Coast states get whacked way more than we do.

Eric

A little off topic but I noticed your 'over 10 years at AVSIM' sig. I liked it so much I copied it. Hope you don't mind.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

No problem. I noticed a few weeks ago I had been here 10 years....tine flies (no pun intended).

Eric 

I moved in Ft-Lauderdale area in 1991 to be away from them......little blood suckers.... :Devil:

Seriously, I moved here for other reasons, you will love it over there and please don't look my way for a baby sitter.... :Clown:

I will note that :)

No problem. I noticed a few weeks ago I had been here 10 years....tine flies (no pun intended).

Well Eric I guess you are a Floridian. 10 years is when you get the label.

Bob

Bob, I recall you mentioning plans on some new motorhome some time ago. Don't laugh, that was in a G1000 thread. How's that going?

Bob, I recall you mentioning plans on some new motorhome some time ago. Don't laugh, that was in a G1000 thread. How's that going?

Maybe I was going to put a G1000 in the Motorhome LOL. Still working towards that but still taking care of Mom so I am just putting my pennies away in the cookie jar. One day I will have one and my zip code will change very often from that point on. There are just so many places I want to see in this great country and it is on the top of the bucket list.

bob

Still a good plan in my eyes, with and without a G1000. ^_^

I think the airport in Fort Pierce (KFPR) is still home to Missionary Flights International. They run relief flights with humanitarian aid to Caribbean islands, using a fleet of DC-3s.

If you're into trains, the Treasure Coast Model Railroad Club is also in Port St. Lucie.

I personally love the Conch Chowder at Conchy Joe's in Jenson Beach. Live music some nights, too.

I think the airport in Fort Pierce (KFPR) is still home to Missionary Flights International. They run relief flights with humanitarian aid to Caribbean islands, using a fleet of DC-3s.

If you're into trains, the Treasure Coast Model Railroad Club is also in Port St. Lucie.

I personally love the Conch Chowder at Conchy Joe's in Jenson Beach. Live music some nights, too.

Hi Captain, thank you so much for that info. I would really enjoy seeing some model trains. I had a good size N gauge collection as a teenager. I will also visit KFPR too. Never heard of Conch chowder but I do love clam chowder for the decade I lived near Bremerton.

Thanks again!!

Bob