Sign in to follow this  
G-BANX

Ultimate Traffic 2 Help

Hi All,

Im using the ultimate traffic 2 addon - FANTASTIC!

Inly problem is that my frames are being hit drastically! When im at a busy airport i can drop down to 8fps. The minute i stop UT2 from the menu bar they jump back up to solid 20fps...

Does anyone know if the detail of the AI aircraft can be lowered as i think this is whats causeing the problem... UT2 AI looks amazing but its just a bit to much with all my other add-ons for scenery that im running too.

Any help would be great

Thanks

You can lower the amount of traffic. Have you looked at the options available in the installation program? Disable jetways for AI, lower the amount of traffic, especially GA and the option to lower traffic with ingame setting under utilities.

Hi,

I've looked at the UT2 program. I dont want to lower the ammount of aircraft if i could help it. Just the quality if possible?

If you don't want to reduce quantity but don't mind reducing quality, then you could turn down your AA. It all comes at a cost.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

If you dont want to lower the amount of AI at the airport then there is not much that can be done, Disabling jetways, and lowering GA ai traffic can help as the ga traffic uses stock fsx aircraft, or you could swap out the fsx aircraft ai for other ai models that have lower detail, than can give you a few more frames.. maybe.

If you search around you should find lots of freeware ai aircraft to replace the fsx aircraft that is used in UT2

-Paul-

Within UT2 itself you will find options to set a target frame rate which will enable UT2 to gradually reduce the number of AI Aircraft until your target frame rate is met.

Bryan.

And you can reduce the ground aircraft drawn to say 5 or 10nm so the airport you land at will have plenty and the ones you dont land at will have none or only some being drawn that might give you some extra fps but im not sure.

-Paul-

You might want to think about a computer upgrade if your only getting twenty frames per second without UT2.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

You might want to think about a computer upgrade if your only getting twenty frames per second without UT2.

I have it locked to 20 as this is what i like. i can get it up to 50fps if i chnge the target but it feels like its in fast forward to me lol!

Thanks for all the input guys!

Within UT2 itself you will find options to set a target frame rate which will enable UT2 to gradually reduce the number of AI Aircraft until your target frame rate is met.

Bryan.

And where would I find this option?

And where would I find this option?

Oooops, never mind, lol, never even noticed that.

Launch UT2 from the desktop icon without FSX running. In the main menu select Utilites / Tools / In Game Settings and there you can set an fps limiter that kicks in when UT2 spawns aircraft. You can also within the main menu select how soon spawn occurs and how many aircraft. This might help BUT does not compensate for resource issues locally if that is the cause. It is typical for frames to drop at busy airports and any 'busy' scenery at all. But UT2 has this option to help alleviate the unavoidable performance hit. B)