Sign in to follow this  
styckx

How's your Orbx performance holding up on 1.4?

Curious how others experience in Orbx land has been on 1.4 and what settings you use w/ specific regions. I'm an ATI user (6990) and I'm not noticing a huge difference between 1.3 and 1.4. I'm really more curious how other ATI users are holding up as we've always been at a disadvantage. I do notice now that I have water reflections enabled again I'm getting some minor instances of blurries in heavy areas using some of the more resource using aircraft (Legacy, 182T etc).. I do run my settings high though. 5.5 / Max Scenery Complexity and Dense Auto Gen slider. No car/ship/ferry traffic at all, no AI at all and sky reflections only.

PNW areas I average 20-25fps with dips down into the 12's around thick areas especially the closer I get to the SeaTac area.. Bowerman for instance I I'm in the low 30s, Diamond Point I'm cruising down the runway pushing 14 and rises into the 20's once out of the airport area. Outside of PNW (namely the densely populated areas) I have no concerns at all really as it's much less dense scenery and autogen. This all with cloud cover as I do not believe in basing performance on clear skies.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Bill- I can't comment for AMD GPUs but I can conidently say that my FPS in ORBX+P3D are near doubled when compared to FSX.

I would say you are getting average frames, especially in the Seattle area. I use Nvidia so I won't make a direct comparison, but thats what I'm getting in complex aircraff with about the same settings.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Curious how others experience in Orbx land has been on 1.4 and what settings you use w/ specific regions. I'm an ATI user (6990) and I'm not noticing a huge difference between 1.3 and 1.4. I'm really more curious how other ATI users are holding up as we've always been at a disadvantage. I do notice now that I have water reflections enabled again I'm getting some minor instances of blurries in heavy areas using some of the more resource using aircraft (Legacy, 182T etc).. I do run my settings high though. 5.5 / Max Scenery Complexity and Dense Auto Gen slider. No car/ship/ferry traffic at all, no AI at all and sky reflections only.

PNW areas I average 20-25fps with dips down into the 12's around thick areas especially the closer I get to the SeaTac area.. Bowerman for instance I I'm in the low 30s, Diamond Point I'm cruising down the runway pushing 14 and rises into the 20's once out of the airport area. Outside of PNW (namely the densely populated areas) I have no concerns at all really as it's much less dense scenery and autogen. This all with cloud cover as I do not believe in basing performance on clear skies.

My experience is similar with a AMD Radeon HD 6870, I have also not noticed any significant framerate improvement in 1.4 over 1.3 with OrbX scenery.