Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Light Bloom not visible from VC

at least i found out why.

it is because of the windshield, the 3D part of the cockpit, in the .mdl file of the airplane. Sadly i don't know how to edit .mdl files and anyway i think it is not possible.

If you want you can try: open fsx in the default 737, then with CTRL+BACKSPACE move your view until you go OUT of the VC... and voilà, the bloom appears..............

(CTRL+ENTER to come back in the plane).

if only i could remove the windshield....

at least i found out why.

it is because of the windshield, the 3D part of the cockpit, in the .mdl file of the airplane. Sadly i don't know how to edit .mdl files and anyway i think it is not possible.

If you want you can try: open fsx in the default 737, then with CTRL+BACKSPACE move your view until you go OUT of the VC... and voilà, the bloom appears..............

(CTRL+ENTER to come back in the plane).

if only i could remove the windshield....

Exactly, that's what I did when I made that testing a few weeks ago. When you go out of the windshield, the bloom appears.

I wonder why the windshield blocks the bloom in some aircraft and doesn't in others.

omg OMG i did it !!!

i installed the SDK and i used a tool called ModelConverterX_130, then i modified the material of "REFECTION" object, and saved the mdl.

try if you want.

download my mdl here:

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/2db38960034b743f6db318acbf133ce120131104194927/d7f46fcd0f52fc82260fb5e4d756a93a20131104194927/23bc58

backup your C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\model\B737_800_interior.mdl and copy mine.

ok wait, i noticed the VC lost lot of gauges functions and animations (i.e. landing gear lever).

I will keep working on it, even if it is not a true problem for me, i use only keys and joy.

ok wait, i noticed the VC lost lot of gauges functions and animations (i.e. landing gear lever).

I will keep working on it, even if it is not a true problem for me, i use only keys and joy.

I'm glad you found the root of the problem and I hope that you can refine this fix further. Can you do it for more aircraft too?

yes i did it for the 747 also, and i think i can do it for any aircraft when i will find out how to keep the gauges working.

i'll keep you and this thread up-to-date

i am sorry, but i did not found no way to edit the mdl and then exporting a working one.

mdl files, as we already know, are closedsource.