Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiFlyer

Loki says: STRIKE A POSE!

Ok guys, Loki, over at the Microsoft Flight Site has made an interesting proposal, and I am re-posting it below. Sounds cool!

https://news.microso...ike-a-pose.aspx

Ok, striking a pose in a plane is mildly difficult, but as I am going to say "screen shot" a bunch I would rather not have it in the title as well.

Hello all, Loki (shocking huh?) here again with a more community minded blog. I've been looking over some metrics, turns out that the community, much like me, likes pretty pictures.... a lot. Also turns out that I can now do whatever I want (within reason obviously) in these blog posts as well as on our other community channels... So here is my plan.

We have done a bunch of "send us your screen shot of X" posts, they are cute, they show off new content, but in general they feel slightly marketing-ey and limiting. I get tons of submissions, I have to pick and choose among them, and I end up with great stuff on the cutting room floor and great stuff still locked away on your computers/in your brains because what you have in mind is not what I asked for picture wise... all in all it's a lame situation, so how about we change that?

Here is my proposal, I want the community to be able to show off. Be it pretty pictures of landscapes/planes, or cool tricks/formations they performed with friends, I should be providing all of you a way to get those images out there on a public channel. So, as another thing I am taking on, as I am a masochist, I will offer the following. You send me your Flight related screen shots, I will look them over and assuming no shenanigans are involved (unfortunate anatomical inclusions, expletives, exploits, ect) I'll post them.

I plan on making a bunch of albums of monthly submissions, will keep them on Facebook. Will credit (if requested) who submitted them, and allow the community a chance to show off on our Facebook page. I may also make occasional blog posts of said pics, as invariably they will be cool, and on those days I won't have to think up a blog post :D

So, email me your screen shots at MSFlight@microsoft.com , include if you want to be credited or not, and I will start uploading them. Alternatively you can host them on something like Skydrive (https://skydrive.live.com/) and I can simply do links to the images.

Logistics will need to be worked out as I go, but I like this plan and hopefully so do all of you.

-Loki.

Good idea. Sent some pics off. The more active the community, the more chance of Flight having a future so come on y'all, get your pics sent!

Thanks, Brian, I like to share my pictures with friends, which is why I show them here, but I am a little shy... :rolleyes: Don't know if I am ready for the big time yet.

Best regards.

Luis