Sign in to follow this  
chrisal

UT2 installation

I had Canada and US installed with no problems. I ended up taking it off again as I noticed that the roads, shorelines and several other visuals looked better without it. Just my opinion of course, however, I've never been a fan of those UT roadways with static little cars all over the place. I was surprised that along the west coast of North America, with ORBX installed, it looked much nicer in P3D without UT being added.

Ron W

I only installed my Orbx sceneries. I have GEXn and UT2 on FSX, but, IMHO, the default P3d looks better, so I do not have them installed.

cthiggin

Guest do_denver2

I got it working without much trouble. However i wasn t too happy wIth the traffic flow and i got ctd,s when loading and saving flights. When i uninstalled ut2 the problem was instantly resolved. I switched to my traffic x 5.4 which is now offered for p3d, and i am very happy with it.

I switched to my traffic x 5.4 which is now offered for p3d, and i am very happy with it.

Ditto that. Im using My Traffic P3D and UT2 in FSX.

As the OP I can now report I have it running well. The Migration Tool was essential of course! I was also able to transfer the relevant files from my FSX set-up so minimising the workload in bringing it up to speed.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chrisal,

Glad you got UT2 up and running. I too have the Migration tool but I am getting lots of error messages trying to start UT2. Could you possibly give me a walk-through how you did yours?

Cheers,

Gareth

Hi

You do need to have the migrator running while using the UT2 interface. But it's not required for actual flying in P3D

Chris

Thanks for getting back Chris. In view of the fact that UT2 is a little dated, all the hassles I've had trying to get it to run in P3D, and of course UT's slowness to respond to our requests, I've now installed My Traffic like many others. When suppliers browbeat their customers they do risk becoming road-kill.

Regards,

Gareth

@geedub, are you still happier with MyTraffic 3D over UT2? I'm having install issues with UT@ and am considering spending the $$$ on MyTraffic 3D (5.4c)