Sign in to follow this  
MED1473

Boarding and debording times

Hi all!

I'm in the process of customizing my GSX and am looking at a rough but accurate estimate of realistic boarding and deboarding times for the NGXs.

Obviously as the seating capability changes I'll then work it down to a second per passenger sort of format so that I can use it as a blueprint for all planes of the series.

Any ideas? Anywhere anyone can think I can have a look besides my own experience in airports?

Cheers everyone!

Thinking about my experiences somewhere between 10-15 mins for Qantas. Sometimes of course this blows out. My limited AA experience looks like its longer while you wait for people to find space for there suitcases as carry on!!!! :-)

Cheers

James

Boarding can take as long as 30 minutes some times. More than twenty is pretty normal. Deplaning can usually be done in a little over five minute. Of course there is always that one family in the last row that doesn't pack anything up until everyone else is off of the plane. Usually at the end of a redeye when it's time to go to the hotel and sleep.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Depends on million and two factors. For some airlines 25 minute boarding is not exceptional, Ryanair can turn the whole plane in the same time... Find out what is typical turn of your most flown airline and adjust the times so that it fits with cleaning, fueling... etc.

The realism is nice, but that .wav "This way please..." "Hello!" "Thank you!"

I love the addon but that boarding file for 20 minutes? No thanks!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

The realism is nice, but that .wav "This way please..." "Hello!" "Thank you!"

I love the addon but that boarding file for 20 minutes? No thanks!

I'v been meaning to edit that wav file for ages. For one, make it massivley quieter. My cockpit door is closed and locked at boarding afterall.

Trent Hopkinson

Southwest prided themselves on a 25 minute turnaround. My cockpit door is closed and locked after the jetbridge is pulled, need some way of getting the final paperwork onboard but in reality I only use the boarding and de-boarding if I feel like watching the bag loaders, otherwise I just use the pushback function.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBolz48uMtA

On an -800, we strive for a 40 minute turnaround. Our Cabin Crew does the Cabin Cleaning on out station though, so it takes a little longer.

At American 45 minutes is tough. They just can't do it most of the time. My brother flies 737s for Continental (United) and he says its about the same for them. I believe Southwest is about the best at the Quick turn. Of course when I was on the F100 we did turn a flight in 17 minutes which included having to deplane a passenger in an aisle chair.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Hey thank you all for your responses.

I've used GSX a while now and yeah, boarding/deboarding is perhaps the least interesting function. Follow me for big unknown airports and the pushback are great tho.

And yes, those boarding sound are a torture!!