Sign in to follow this  
azabetas

Why is my plane climbing too fast?

Hello.

Firstly, I would like to apologize in advance if this topic already exists ; I have tried to find the solution, but I couldn't. The problem I have with my Wilco A340, A330 and sometimes A320 family, basically Wilco Airbus in general, is that it climbs too fast. I do not think this is realistic. For example on a hot day in New York which I just departed with my Airbus A340-300 (fully loaded for a 10hr flight), the Airbus was climbing at about 3700 v/s+ ... this is too fast! The plane climbs too fast initially, but then gradually calms down. For example now with 67 tons of Fuel, FL267, climbing FL350, I'm climbing with 1800 v/s with CLB setting. Shouldn't this be much lower to reflect real weight?

Can I change anything from my config to make this aircraft a bit more heavier , like in real life? I mean on the ground when turning when taxiing , even with low speed it feels heavy, as it's fully loaded w/ fuel + pax. But in the air, when it climbs, I don't get this feeling. It just seems too light!

Should I merge w/ Project Airbus? Project Opensky, or Overland? Overland has GPS that I used many years ago, but had a great behaviour

Thank you for your help in advance :-)

Hi

You did not give your name in your post - please do.

PM your e-mail ad to me and I will send you corrected air files (according to the Airbus FCOM) for the Wilco A340 and A330.

Trevor

Check the performance specs for the a/c for different weights and climate conditions. To give you an example the SVC10 at 80% auw.= 27,000lbs will climb initially at 4,500fpm at 290kts and 93%n2. It will still achieve 1,500fpm above FL350 with careful engine management.

Check that your climb IAS and engine power setting is correct for the weight.

The wilco airbus A340-300 is overpowered, and has the wrong weights set in the CFG. I dd some playing round with it a few months ago, and got it realistic feeling power wise, and accurate weights. That was the only model i fiddled with, so cant comment on the others. However I lost the edits during a re install, so cant assist in what I had.

TrevorS - Thanks, I have sent you my email address in a PM ...

vololiberista - It's a problem to do with the actual aircraft, it's unrealistic...

SMITI07- Indeed it is. I will try to mess around with the .cfg until I get the .cfg from someone else... Do you think you will be able to do it again, or is it impossible at this stage?

Alex

You should be able to find a data sheet on the net with all the weight settings, engine thrust settings and stall speeds which you can copy into the aircraft.cfg yourself.

TrevorS - Thanks, I have sent you my email address in a PM ...

Alex

Alex

I sent you the files on Sunday. It's already Thursday and I haven't heard from you.

Are you happy with them ?

Trevor