Sign in to follow this  
DAL213

FSX License Unsuccessful

I know what you are thinking: If I had a dollar for every time I heard this question I be rich... and you're are probably right.

But I just build the best computer money can buy, just for FSX and add ons.

I messed up in a big way..... the addons were installing so quickly that I flooded my hard drive with add ons without following basic rules... like reboot!

So now I uninstalled FSX with KEVO and when I try to reinstall, I get that annoying error message.... unsusseflu due to network or whatever.

I tried (without success) all of the following:

1. Re installed from scratch in a new formated SSD ...

2. Cleared all FSX related files from registry (with the KEVO software).....

3. Reset all licenses with the Microsoft "fix" posted in their support page......

4. And just kept trying and trying and nothing

Of course, I have a T1 connection and I am on the internet when I try to activate. I also have IE as my default browser with all of the cookies enabled.

Any ideas?

If I buy a new copy, do you think I would be able to activate it or is the issue in my PC?

Thanks a lot guys!

Nico

I know what you are thinking: If I had a dollar for every time I heard this question I be rich

T

That and OOM, uiautomation.dll errors, how do I do an ILS landing and how do I follow VOR's. Not to forget, will this computer run FSX. :smile:

No, your question is not nearly as repetitive. I don't totally understand your question but I'm sure others will. generally if you have been flagged for too many activations. You can call MS, NOT SUPPORT, and they can reactivate. In 7yrs of using FSX I have never had this happen but I assume it shall one day. A new copy, probably as long as your registry as been cleaned of all old entries. FSX can be tricky. If you dont have FSX Gold it wouldnt be a bad idea.

T

That and OOM, uiautomation.dll errors, how do I do an ILS landing and how do I follow VOR's. Not to forget, will this computer run FSX. :smile:

No, your question is not nearly as repetitive. I don't totally understand your question but I'm sure others will. generally if you have been flagged for too many activations. You can call MS, NOT SUPPORT, and they can reactivate. In 7yrs of using FSX I have never had this happen but I assume it shall one day. A new copy, probably as long as your registry as been cleaned of all old entries. FSX can be tricky. If you dont have FSX Gold it wouldnt be a bad idea.

I have FSX, not FSX gold. And I bought the software 2 months ago. Installed it twice in 2 months. Let me put it to you this way: I installed Microsoft Office, or Photoshop more times than FSX in short time periods.... and FSX is a $20 software... I doubt this should be an issue. But I will follow your advise and call MS, which Im dreading!

Had to call MS a few years back to reactivate FSX on a new PC - no problem at all, all done over the phone.

MS's automated activation service is actually quite simple. I would recommend it. :smile:

make sure you are not running fsx with the admin box ticked or any compatibilty modes enabled as it can break the fsx activation proccess.

This goes against everything I've learned about FSX. I keep reading to MAKE sure you click on the "run as admin" box and run in compatability mode to avoid Win 7 errors.

I guess I will temporarily try this to see if my activation works. Thanks!

make sure you are not running fsx with the admin box ticked or any compatibilty modes enabled as it can break the fsx activation proccess.

You made me very happy and very upset at the same time:

Very Happy- because your simple tip solved all my problems

Very upset- because all I needed was someone like you to give me a simple tip..... instead, I spent so much wasted time cursing MS FSX in my head and I almost broke my PC out of anger....

But is all solved now. Thanks!

Everybody - if you have activation issues.... right click on FSX.exe and unclick both "run as admin", and "compatability mode".... you are all set.

Question: Should I now change it back to run as admin as PMDG sussests in their manual?

T

I bought FSX Gold as a backup (extra). Is there a problem with FSX Gold?

So far I have been lucky, well sort of, I never exceed the activiation limit because I usually buy a new computer or have my C drive burn out before that happens.

But I also keep FSX on a separate drive, also keep a full back up of everything.

I do the reinstall then unlink and link to my full setup on another drive..then go about linking in various stuff the needs to and few reinstalles of aircraft that require as necessary and bingo bongo I'm up and running.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3