Sign in to follow this  
Eef

DX10 clouds

I've switched to 2048 DXT5 a few weeks ago. Is there a way to increase AA so I don't have shimmering in the cockpit DX10? If so I might switch back. The newest REX clouds and ASN are both dx10 optimized, but I'm a stickler when it comes to in cockpit shimmering.

Funnily enough, if I force a restrictive CPU Affinity onto FSX, say allow only two processors, the degrade in performance I notice right away is with cloud cover - FSX grinds along with poor fps. For a test, check there are no affinitymask settings in FSX or any addons. Also check for other maxed out processes, e.g. an antivirus scan. I've been using DX10 preview since it came out with no issues other than the z fighting cured by SteveFX shaders (and addons with improper or absent DX10 support). As far as DX9 is concerned, I've never seen than run as well as DX10.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I've switched to 2048 DXT5 a few weeks ago. Is there a way to increase AA so I don't have shimmering in the cockpit DX10? If so I might switch back. The newest REX clouds and ASN are both dx10 optimized, but I'm a stickler when it comes to in cockpit shimmering.

Hi David,

Not sure what to suggest.  I don't see any shimmers. i posted a few shots in this PMDG topic

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/439777-777-vc-shadows/

Regards

Rob Prest

Hello friends, could you take a look at my above post (#29)? ;)

Thank you.

Flex thanks for the link I'm going to read it now. When I mentions shimmering I meant the little jaggies that appear around hard raised sections on the aircraft instrument panels, that can be corrected significantly in DX9 by setting nvidia inspector settings to 4 sparse grid supersampling. I read that these particular settings on Nvidia inspector were not applicable in DX10 mode, can you confirm or deby that one, and if so, is it possible to set setting in DX10 so there is sharp cockpit textures and resolution in DX10 and no shimmering and jagged lines when tilting your head etc around raised instrument panel objects? Thanks!

Fortunately SSGS NI settings work fine in DX10 mode.  I posted about this info earlier in this topic, over a year ago.  Be sure to set AF to x16 in NI as well (this only works if you are a Steve's Fixer user).  These two settings are the icing on the DX10 cake.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I have 8SGSS, 16x AF within NI

Rob Prest

Hello friends, could you take a look at my above post (#29)? ;)

Thank you.

Lucas, 

Start a new topic and post a bigger screenshot.

Cheers

Rob Prest

Hi Rob, thanks for reply. I've already get sugestion what should I do.... if it will not help I will do as you wrote :)

Regards,

Lucas

I have 8SGSS, 16x AF within NI

:O :o

Do you always fly without clouds or did you get your hands on the new NASA machine?

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Specs are in my sig, yes full clouds but not crazy 4096 textures.  FPS 60 in all situations 

Rob Prest

Flex thanks for the link I'm going to read it now. When I mentions shimmering I meant the little jaggies that appear around hard raised sections on the aircraft instrument panels, that can be corrected significantly in DX9 by setting nvidia inspector settings to 4 sparse grid supersampling. I read that these particular settings on Nvidia inspector were not applicable in DX10 mode, can you confirm or deby that one, and if so, is it possible to set setting in DX10 so there is sharp cockpit textures and resolution in DX10 and no shimmering and jagged lines when tilting your head etc around raised instrument panel objects? Thanks!

Sorry for going off-topic:

This is a friendly reminder that AVSIM's image policy has changed. For more details read this announcement: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules/, or click on the Forums tab on the top of this page to read the new rules.

Hence I ask you to remove your system specs from the signature and put them in the provided tab of your profile.

Thank you, and again: I apologize for going off-topic.

Kind regards,

FLog, with deep heart-felt regret, I apologize for violating forum rules. My blatant disregard for the rules will be corrected as soon as I have enough time to fill out the system specs on my profile settings in lieu of the signature section. I will chastise myself with 15 lashes.

FLog, with deep heart-felt regret, I apologize for violating forum rules. My blatant disregard for the rules will be corrected as soon as I have enough time to fill out the system specs on my profile settings in lieu of the signature section. I will chastise myself with 15 lashes.

No need for that, David. As I said, it was just a friendly reminder, because this can easily be missed. I hope my wording was not too harsh, if it was, I am the one who has to apologize.

Kind regards,