Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Cruise Checks/Flows

Anyone out there have a Flight Crew Cruise Checklist for the NGX? Just wanted a simple insight as to the typical flows the crew undertake during cruise. (I understand Fuel checks along the route are carried out, but what other duties/checks?) A flow list would be ideal,

Thanks,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Flight Crew Cruise Checklist

Just make sure you are going where you need to go. Step-climb at the appropriate time, if needed, Check fuel. Pretty much it.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Upon reaching cruise:

Monitor fuel levels in center tank (if applicable)

Monitor aircraft performance

Monitor ATC frequencies as appropriate

Adjust cruise altitude to maintain optimum performance (as discussed with dispatch, crew and ATC)

Monitor a book, Kindle, iPad, or converse with crew members, but by all means, do not engage in company or scheduling discussions (sleeping) due to the risk of overshooting descent points and destinations.

Kyle Rodgers

Anyone out there have a Flight Crew Cruise Checklist for the NGX?

I responded related to the actual point above, but just a pointout:

You're supposed to use your real name in your signature, per forum rules.

...and that's an awesome avatar, by the way. Love that show. Cool to see that someone appreciates it on the other side of the world!

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks to Kyle and everyone else for their input. I now have a good guide as to the checks required in cruise. (I wonder if FS2 Crew could actually implement them in some way?)

PS: Absolutely Kyle, SOA is the Bikers' answer to the Sopranos! LOL! (Both shows are epic! IMHO)

Rgds,

Steve

(Forgot about the new forum rules)

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Coffee... and when you run out, get another!

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer