Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

Help::GSX and Airport differ on location of airport parking , taxi etc

Hi

Landed

told FSX to give me progressive taxi to gate 335

asked GSX to take me to same gate using follow me

On arrival fsx taxi line takes me to exactly what is marked on the ground , GSX's idea of same gate is a few metres to right.

So GSX marshal is standing offset to right, then insulted my parking, for parking as shown on the ground.

Also the follow me car seemed to prefer to stick to grass all the way.

I have read about solution to this regards scenery library priority for MyTraffic which i use and addon airports.

But i have not seen how to solve this problem if like me you have no addon ariport, just defualt fsx airport, and whatever comes with mytraffic.

Any ideas

What airport was it, i'll see if mine acts the same.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'd like to try that, too, if you could tell me where that happened.

Regards,

Flo

Hi

I think it was gate 335 at EGLL. Since i noticed this issue i have moved mytraffic scenery to 2nd in scenery priority list. Just below addon scenery which 1st

Went back to egll gate 335, and all was ok with the gate as seen by fsx and gsx.

i did not conduct this experiment very well cause i changed position of mytraffic scenery priority before going to confirm the problem was with egll.

Now that i have pretty much moved mytraffic scenery above most else, i suspect my ILS mixup problem could be back.

The reason i previously moved mytraffic to bottom of priority was to fix ils issue, now i have moved it to top to resolve multiple scenery mixup issue.

The author of the mytraffic addon seriously needs to help us fix this issue in fsx once for all.

Not to mention mutiple bgl file for each airport when i load up fscommander, this is becoming very confusing

Anybody knows a simple solution to all this masheup design , am all ears.

Could someone ps post a picture of the order of scenery priority as they have in fsx, just so we know what the order should be.

cheers

Was it the default airport ? or an addon ?

FSX is doing nothing but following the information that the AFCAD gives. If FSX is giving conflicting information seems you have at least two afcads.

Changing priorities may not help as both Afcads will still be read.

Go to add-ons tab on the top of your screen and select Couatl-powered products > GSX Customize this airport. Here you can see which Afcad GSX is using. If that is not the correct one you can rename/remove it and possibly solving your double afcad issue.