Sign in to follow this  
Pete491

Clear FMC Data

Guys,

Sometimes I want to totally clear out FMS entrys and start over like the flight plan, init and performance entrys.

Is there a quick way to do this?

Thanks!

After landing, returning to the INIT page clears things. Prior to that, I believe you'd have to delete it all manually.

Kyle Rodgers

I have no idea, because I've sort of the same question, but does disabling the flight directors not remove the "capture" of data on the FMC, which would allow you to reset it? Or is it really only after landing?

And to add another question: What if I did not select a destination airport while taking off, or during flight change my destination to another airport. I tried to get this done by using the "Alt. destinations" screen, where I could add my new destination during the flight. However, when I wanted to select an approach/runway I did see the list of possible approaches, but I could not select a runway and/or approach. How is this done?

Guys,

Sometimes I want to totally clear out FMS entrys and start over like the flight plan, init and performance entrys.

Is there a quick way to do this?

Thanks!

Yes. type in the dep/arr airport again on the route page. That clears all route planning.

Yes. type in the dep/arr airport again on the route page. That clears all route planning.

Smart. Didn't think of that...

Kyle Rodgers

If you switch off electricity in the plane, it will also remove all data ;-)

Petr

If you switch off electricity in the plane, it will also remove all data ;-)

Petr

Yes, but during at least 30 seconds, otherwise you won't get anything removed from your CDU. Some time I forget to switch on the APU GEN BUS before switch off the Ground Power and obviously I get a black out in the cockpit. Then quickly (after 1 or 2 seconds), I switch on both APU GEN and the electricity get back. All stored data entries in the CDU are there.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk HD

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

On the subject of clearing out the FMC, can anyone tell me how to clear out the flight history from the stored flights, I deleted them from the "load" file in fsx but there still a bunch of them in the FMC, I only found them when I went to "cold and dark" start the plane and there all listed, about 40 plus!.

Any help is appreciated.

M

M, full names in the PMDG forums please.

Nothing is saved in the FMS, it is only showing the saved files in the PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS folder, also PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX

Dan Downs KCRP

I only found them when I went to "cold and dark" start the plane and there all listed, about 40 plus!.

Any help is appreciated.
Are these routes or panel states? You can get rid of routes like Dan Downs wrote. If they are panel states they need to be deleted from PMDG/PMDG 737 NGX/PanelState.

Are these routes or panel states? You can get rid of routes like Dan Downs wrote. If they are panel states they need to be deleted from PMDG/PMDG 737 NGX/PanelState.

thank you Michael, in panel states, when you say from pmdg/pmdg737ngx/panel state, how?, i went to the panel state in the plane, brought up the fmc, L1d the flight,hit delete and it told me invalid. I appoligize for my igorance but I am self taught and new to this, Again, thankyou . Mark 

thank you Michael, in panel states, when you say from pmdg/pmdg737ngx/panel state, how?, i went to the panel state in the plane, brought up the fmc, L1d the flight,hit delete and it told me invalid. I appoligize for my igorance but I am self taught and new to this, Again, thankyou . Mark 

You can't delete them by using the FMC. You must use Windows. Left click the Start button on the left of the Taskbar. On the menu that appears, left click on Computer. Find your FSX folder then follow the path outlined in post number 12. On the panel states you want to delete, right click, then left click on Delete. Make certain you don't delete Cold and Dark, Default, Short Turn, Long Turn or anything else that is important to you.

Thank you again Michael!,

One more little question and I will stop bugging you!, whats the difference between "scenery library" and "add on scenery" I have a load of add ons but none show up in my scenery library only my addon scenery. it seems to work fine, I just stack the addons as I need them, airport,scenery,airport,scenery etc. Am I doing this right?. Everything is in the C drive, no program 86 unless it wont let me move it.

Thank you again,

Last time I promise!