Sign in to follow this  
andy1975

B200 Dual Rxp GNS 530 & Rxp Wx500 retrofit

Bert,

Really. I use Flightsim Commander with the flight plans filed in the FSX files folder. I don't mind entering the whole plan into a FMS if I have to, but I don't care to enter them into the GPS by hand. How is the easiest way to get back to what came with the B200 - something I can use the FSX filed flight plans with? As far as the RNAV approaches, I have not tried them. I fly all cross countries IFR with Radar Contact and use the ILS.

OK, two options...

- You can keep the current config and use the right GNS to steer the autopilot. That still gives you

the nice interface on the left GNS, along with Terrain pages and all the many things the real Garmin

is capable of. All you need to do, as per the RXP Users Guide, is to right-click on the right memory card

slot, on the left GNS and the Carenado GPS should be in control.

- You can remove the RXP GNS and fly with two Carenado GNS units.

Try executing the provided CAR530.exe program. That should work.

Or, re-install the B200.

Bert

Just thinking about it... I guess I would go with option 1 above, and try using the RXP GNS

to load the approach (Direct-to airport, PROC, select approach) at the end of the flight.

Then switch the navigation unit driving the autopilot = right-click on memory card slot,

and use the RXP unit to fly the approach. It has a way better interface than the Carenado unit.

Also, you have the option of updating the navigation data to June 2011, which will give you much

more current approaches than the FSX default..

Bert

OK Bert,

Sorry to tell you, but I give up. I reinstalled the Carenado GPS. They all light up fine. I have about 50 flight plans I normally fly in order. I have a printed package for each consisting of the dep and arr apt diagrams, the Fltsim Cmdr, flight plan, SIDs and STARS as appropriate, and approach plates. I keep these up to date with Navigraph. The Carenado GPS will accept my waypoints. Although I select my cruising altitude, Radar Contact (RC) controls climb and decent. I can request RC give me vectors to intercept the final approach course, and I just follow my approach plate. So, I'm all set to go. I guess I am going to have to generate some shorter flight packages though. Thanks for your effort Bert. Mike

OK -as long as you've got something that works!

For shorter flights, you might consider the C337 which works great

with your RXP GNS530.. - or a RealAir Duke...

Bert

Bert,

I'm trying to install two RXP GNS530's (with the Unlimited pack) and leave the Avidyne in place. But nothing is working right. I tried to attach Panel.cfg and RXPSNS.ini but even that is an impossible task.

Any help or better yet; any samples you can provide will be much appreciated.

Les Parson

Fool that I am, I should have read the post below this one that corrected everything. Sorry for the bother.

I personally run all my RXP units on the first core of my quad CPU (RXPGNS.ini -> CPU=1) and let FSX run only on Core 2,3,4 (affinitymask=14) .... 

Very interesting. 

Andy, guys, where exactly do I put this line: CPU=1 ?

There are 2 principal locations for rxpgns.ini files, one in C:\Users\All Users\Reality XP\Common\Settings and the other is in the aircraft's folder. Even though the name is the same these files are different in content. Please share yours.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Very interesting. 

Andy, guys, where exactly do I put this line: CPU=1 ?

There are 2 principal locations for rxpgns.ini files, one in C:\Users\All Users\Reality XP\Common\Settings and the other is in the aircraft's folder. Even though the name is the same these files are different in content. Please share yours.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Sorry, I've found it in the config above, so it should go to the one in the aircraft's folder.

Thanks,

Dirk.

I personally run all my RXP units on the first core of my quad CPU (RXPGNS.ini -> CPU=1)

Andy, still, where did you get this CPU=1 from?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Andy, still, where did you get this CPU=1 from?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Hi Dirk,

it must be described in the RXP configuration tool or in its help file I think.

Ah, I got it, thanks.

Dirk.

In my FSX Accel. I have the B200_BE900X_SP2 version which has this windows list in the start of panel.cfg after I run the RXP530.exe

[Window Titles]
Window00=EX500
Window01=GP400
Window02=EADI EHSI
Window03=AUTOPILOT
Window04=Toggle_Control
Window05=INFO
Window06=1
Window07=2
Window08=3
Window09=START

It is somewhat different from the config of this original post.

[Window Titles]
Window00=WX500
Window01=GPS
Window02=EADI EHSI
Window03=AUTOPILOT
Window04=Toggle_Control

I implement the changes leaving Window05 onwards unchanged (in
[Window Titles] and [Window04] sections) but I get this as a second GPS:

gns530_zps11ad7d44.jpg

Any ideas ?

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440