Sign in to follow this  
JaseMelbo

737NGX Throttle and Shutdown issues

My apologies if there is information hiding here somewhere however I have searched and cant find anything.

My two issues are listed below and any help would be appreciated:

1. Once I have both engines started, when I advance the throttles only the right hand engine responds to the input. I have followed the correct start up procedure. The only way I can get the left engine to respond is to go into FSUIPC and go out again. After a few seconds both engines operate normally and respond to throttle inputs.

2. When I shut down the aircraft the left engine stays running. Again I go into FSUIPC and out again and all of a sudden the left engine stops.

Thoughts?

Jas

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Never had this problem. Two builds ago I was using unregistered FSUIPC. I no longer use it. No problems and no crashes. Works beautifully.

I dont know if you use FSUIPC to configure the controls, if so, try to disable it and configure through FSX built in controller config instead

vatsim s3

1133704.png

There is a FS setting to link (or unlink) the throttles. This is so a single throttle joystick can work either or both throttles on a twin engine aircraft.

The keyboard command is E <number>

So to make your joystick throttle command engine 1, press E 1. to make it control both 1&2, press E 1 2 in quick succession. (one after the other, dont hold down the E while you press the number)

Hope this helps

What is your default airplane when you start the sim? I get the best results when I start with the default flight being with the default 737-800. Then I choose the NGX before I start the flight.

I had some strange control issues when the default flight was a less complex plane.

--Don

Don Polidori

I have the PMDG as default, I have not noticed anything wrong, I'll try your approach though :-) Pun intended :-)

Regards

Morten Steen

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

23.png

I dont know if you use FSUIPC to configure the controls, if so, try to disable it and configure through FSX built in controller config instead

Good advice here.

Jase,

Sounds like a configuration conflict. Check the axis tab in the controls options in FSX. I would not recommend using FSUIPC with the PMDG.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

When setting up FSUIPC for my Saitek geat I noticed to my horror that some of the mappings to yoke/pedal axis was re-enabled in FSX after I very thoroughly deleted all of them. Hm, for me, quite the opposite, I did not get NGX to work properly before I deleted all FSX mapping and only used FSUIPC to map all axis' and buttons. Silky smooth... Why do you think NGX + FSUIPC is a bad match

23.png

It's interesting. I have tried these various approaches (pun yet again) with limited success.

The shutdown issue is fixed. The only issue now is the left engine. The throttles are moving damn fine, silky smooth. There just isn't anything happening. No increase in thrust. Strange.

I can get around it by going in and out of fsuipc but I do hope I can avoid it moving forward.

Jas

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

As I was learning FSUIPC and setting up my quadrant I suddenly had engine 2 throttle moving together with the spoiler axis. I had to clear all mappings and start over, then all good, since then there has been no problem. I followed the guys at AoA's guide in the 737 NGX Training to the letter with regards to not have any FSX mappings with the controllers axis', I am a bit baffeled by getting the complete opposite advise as I have allways "heard" that FSX' control was unstable.

23.png

Gday Jaz

Hope you dont mind me butting in, but i start with the default trike, and then the ngx, as it is reccomended, it says somewhere that not using the defaut flight (trike) some strange behavior might happen.

Regards Jeff

I dont think you need to load the trike first for the NGX, but I have heard that for other advanced addons.

EDIT: Apparently I was wrong, they recommend us to

There is a common misconception that when loading a complex

simulation like the PMDG 737NGX that you should first load the

default Cessna into the simulator' date=' then load the PMDG 737NGX.

This is not a factual conception and in fact we do not recommend

the practice at all. What is required however is for the default

Ultralight at Friday Harbor to be your default startup state in FSX.[/quote']

source: PMDG-737NGX-Introduction.pdf

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Hello,

I had the same problem yesterday. I was ready to taxi after 20+ minutes of cockpit preparation for a 4h flight, engines started. Only the right engine was working, the left throttle could be moved but no thrust increase and the engine parameters were not moving on the EICAS. I have my controls setup via registered FSUIPC. I was very upset, I tried to look at the assignments in FSUIPC, but it doesn't cure the problem for me. I don't want to set the controls via FSX because I cannot benefit of the reverses on my CH throttle quadrant when doing so (unless someone has a solution on how to use reverses with FSX assigned to CHTQ levers).

Finally, I reloaded FSX and chose the MD11 for my flight instead of the NGX !!! ;-)

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

Hello,

I had the same problem yesterday. I was ready to taxi after 20+ minutes of cockpit preparation for a 4h flight, engines started. Only the right engine was working, the left throttle could be moved but no thrust increase and the engine parameters were not moving on the EICAS. I have my controls setup via registered FSUIPC. I was very upset, I tried to look at the assignments in FSUIPC, but it doesn't cure the problem for me. I don't want to set the controls via FSX because I cannot benefit of the reverses on my CH throttle quadrant when doing so (unless someone has a solution on how to use reverses with FSX assigned to CHTQ levers).

Finally, I reloaded FSX and chose the MD11 for my flight instead of the NGX !!! ;-)

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

vpa055.png

Wims80, thanks, hmm, long time since I read the manual, will revert to trike startup ;-)

23.png