Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

The Chinese Thread

I downloaded ZSNT here from Avsim and the installer had options for English and Chinese, so installation was easy. It is indeed another nice looking scenery from SkySoft.

Graeme Butler

No problems with the install, and thanks for the heads-up.

I agree the photo-tile is not of the best, and so rate the scenery a 6.

While in China again, I went back to some of the western high-altitude ones and they are great.

I do wonder at ZLXY why the AI ignores most of the jetways and parks on the far side of the apron.

It was clearly intended, as the AFCAD has parking codes placing them there...

Hi to all and happy new year!

Quite new Skysoft sceneries not yet mentioned in this thread:

ZJSY Sanya Phoenix (payware, SimMarket)

ZSNT Nantong (freeware, since yesterday at http://www.avsimrus....port-47687.html)

Regards, Harald

Happy noo Year - Downloaded ZSNT from both AVSIM nd avsimrus, but neithr installer will execute / error:/Document/ access denied.

Just a notice: Skysoft brought another Scenery, ZJHK Haikou Meilan, but only for FS X. Seems that another great developer abandons FS2004. However, I will enjoy their recent efforts for FS2004 even more.

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald I seem to recall reading that Skysoft intends to release a version for FS9 down the track. i hope so.

Clearly the bigger, more profitable market nowadays is FSX so it makes sense to release for that sim first in order to 'pay the bills.'

Still hanging out for their ZBAA ... no news is good news?

Yes Brian you may be right. Let's wait and see... I hope that ZBAA will be Skysofts Masterpiece - for both FSX and FS2004.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Some will be recovering on the Day After New Year's eve already.

Most of China has crossed midnight, happy 2014 everyone!

Here's one that got away, and for 7 or 8 Euro I thought: why not? somewhere to take my China Southern 787, a familiar visitor now in Auckland, too.

s50t.jpg

China's southernmost international airport, very convenient as a springboard to many Pacific destinations

9e6b.jpg

I took advantage of the Simmarket sale and bought that scenery also (along with other scenery).

Looking through this thread put a big smile on my face and reminded me of the wonder of AVSIM - that people of different nationalities and cultures can become good friends because of a common "language" - the love of flight and the gift of being able to "fly" via FS... Thank you my friends for being who you are and I wish you all an amazing 2014.. (Which is "technically" the tenth anniversary of our favorite FS version!!!)
Cheers mates

Ian

• Upvote 3

And now there's a new offer for FS2004: Skysoft Panzhihua Baoanying ZUZH.

It is situated at a stunning place and has the known Skysoft standard. Even a recent landslide is modelled.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

And now there's a new offer for FS2004: Skysoft Panzhihua Baoanying ZUZH.

It is situated at a stunning place and has the known Skysoft standard. Even a recent landslide is modelled.

And it's a good price too!

Skysoft Panzhihua Baoanying ZUZH

Although not in my budget I couldn't resist the purchase.  However I seem to recall this was mooted about 12 months ago or even longer and it was definitely stated to be for freeware release !  Our friends at SimMarket are getting greedy methinks.   -_-

However I seem to recall this was mooted about 12 months ago or even longer and it was definitely stated to be for freeware release ! Our friends at SimMarket are getting greedy methinks

I didn't know that. I thought it's rather a decision of the developer to sell a scenery or to release it as freeware instead than Simmarket's. And after a first look, the 10 EUR price seems to be more than justified, compared to other offerings by other developers.

I'm very happy to have this scenery for FS2004. I thought already that Skysoft would leave the FS2004 segment, too. Perhaps their Haikou Meilan scenery for FSX sold not well enough. It seems that the farther east one goes the more popular is still FS2004.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Harald.

I'm sure I saw this scenery in almost completed state (perhaps on AirDailyX) about 12 months ago. I recall the news site claimed it was for early freeware release ... I gathered within a month.  That being the case it well and truly pre-dated production of Haikou Meilan. I hope it is not the final FS2004 from SkySoft.  I still anxiously await ZBAA and Imagine Sim's new Shanghai Pudong to replace the Samsoft version.

Thanks for finding this one Harald!

l2mv.jpg

I seem to be getting Mip shimmering, but maybe that's the fault of a recent driver/monitor update.

Whatever, it's certainly worth the 10 Euro!

The landclass is nicely done (I turned it off and it looks dreadful!)and even the AI seem to take a long time to get airborne from 6,000 ft 

Of course the trap is, when you are on the SIm Market search result page, you find a new UTT AI Sikorsky package. Also very reasonably priced , and dozens of models.

Ka-ching... :)