Sign in to follow this  
paul123

What can you achieve on your PC with FSX ?

I can run fsdream team ohare pmdg 737 and rex with fsx maxed out on everything but autogen which i have to run at either sparse or normal to keep things smooth my rig is a 3.6ghz phenom ii x4,gtx 560ti 2Gb and 6Gb ram.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm convinced that FSX will never reach smooth 60 FPS, what we'd expect from any other game.

There may be some hope if P3D ends up revising code to be native 64-bit, utilize more cores better, and when certain graphics routines are better managed by the GPU. I don't know if this is probable, but I would guess it is possible. This could be a real game changer for this lineage.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hello Hasse

Can you achieve 30 FPS at night at a complex airport with the PDMG 737 and 30% ai ? You have the highest over clock I have seen. This would be my perfect scenario .........

With this clock i not test the PMDG , to get it right think only Word Not Allowed can give a close answer he know the perfomance of SB @ 4.7-4.8ghz and the numbers he get in FSMark11

and my setup is aprox 20-25% FASTER and give +56fps avg in FSmark11.

Hasse

The numbers presented highly depends on FSX settings. If able to achieve these FPS, with exactly what you wrote - indeed it is possible. But what you missed to implement into your requirement are oh so many of FSX and graphics settings for the GPU, adding clouds too to the whole equation. Now, with those at my level of desire, no, I can't have 30fps in NGX vc with 30% AI... even westman with his uber-high clocks is not going to be able to get that. You would need, with current CPUs, about 6-7Ghz to be able to achieve that.

I am not using AI, but I can say that I'm at or about 25fps in FSDT KJFK in the VC with some moderate clouds. Remember I'm talking MY settings, which are generally quite high, just check some of my shots:

https://picasaweb.google.com/112055589338239404953/20120910KPHXKLAXPMDG737NGX?authkey=Gv1sRgCJeM44zO0ZKDaQ