Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

How to convert DX9 textures to DX10

Would like to add one more problem I found out today with AI traffic and DX10. Orbx just came out with North Amreica GA AI traffic add on (free by the way). Unfortunately, in my case all the AI they have added shows the Ghost-white texture.

Oh yeah... How do I uninstall Orbx AI?

I started seeing ghost aircrafts all over.

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Oh yeah... How do I uninstall Orbx AI?

I started seeing ghost aircrafts all over.

Manny

I may be mistaking but I think Orbx does not support DX10 AI wise, been like that for ever, the best thing will be to ask them on their forum.

I may be mistaking but I think Orbx does not support DX10 AI wise, been like that for ever, the best thing will be to ask them on their forum.

I get those Ghosts in DX09

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Most of the static aircraft show up just fine, Alain, the only issue I had was with the ground shadowing not being very consistent, and the aircraft used at the two (free) Canadian airports being grey.

I have mentioned DX10 on their forum a couple of times, but the posts were either absolutely ignored, or getting a cutting remark indicating that DX10 -

"'DX10 preview mode' is just that: a preview of what could of been, not something we can fix or design for sorry," - from Tim Harris, and a much harsher one by Wolter Spoel which has 'disappeared'.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

If you place Imagetool in the folder you're working on, it will considerably shorten that copy/pasting (or plain typing) great long filename, Jim. The syntax/commands for the switches can be found by typing imagetool -? into a command line, and hitting Enter. If you want greater automation I would suggest you get out the old DOS cmd set and add in something like this, having first created a "bmp_backup" folder under the same main folder that you're in, like this :-

Addon Scenery

KPDX

scenery

texture

bmp_backup <-- new folder

The "delete_bmp.bat" script would then be:-

copy *.bmp ..\bmp_backup\. <---- note the period at the end of the line

dir ..\bmp_backup

pause <--------- this is here so that you can verify that the copy did work.

imagetool -nogui -dxt5 -dds -nodither -r *.bmp

del *.bmp

It's a very nice little tool, isn't it!

That looks very neat, Paul. I'll try it in future. I've only limited time for flying now that I'm back in school, learning about FSX, DX10, Shaders, Alphas, MipMaps, .DDS types. Now I'm back thinking of all I've forgotten about Dos!

I did see Nick's tool for dealing with UT2 Aircraft, missing some of the files. Mine are done by the blanket method, without any visible defects so far.

My most demanding area is Seattle. I can now fly there with Active Sky 2012 active, looking around with TIR, without any sign of the big jagged artifacts, smooth as silk. That is 'till last night, when I did a trial flight. As I approached downtown Seattle, a very big twister came down from the N-E. As it came close, FPS slowed to a slow stutter, and FSX froze (no pun intended) . :( Still sneaking a thought towards a GTX 680! :smile:

Everywhere else 30fps and smooth flying.

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.