Sign in to follow this  
horani

New KJFK for X-Plane

Thanks for the heads up. Being from NYC, this is a must have.

Rob

i wish we can get some FS Dreamteam love because these airport textures look really bad and with no moving airport vehicules/jetways it feels like a ghost town.

being from NOT NYC, this is definetely a must NOT have for me though I wish I could like it, but compared to Malmi from TruScenery this is way overpriced and below today's standards. judging by the screenshots, this is inferior to the payware quality I have come to expect from the best x-plane and even more so, the majority of FSX sceneries. NYC deserves better than this, even after SANDY. looking forward to their review: xsimreviews.com

This brings up a question! Does XP10 support accurate airline assignments of gates? From the shots abov it looks kind of mixed, in one shot there are 2 BA aircraft next to each other, which would support it does, but then there are shots like the UA 787 with the JetBlue E190 that indicate it doesn't?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

This brings up a question! Does XP10 support accurate airline assignments of gates? From the shots abov it looks kind of mixed, in one shot there are 2 BA aircraft next to each other, which would support it does, but then there are shots like the UA 787 with the JetBlue E190 that indicate it doesn't?

No, it does not. At least not at the moment and I doubt it will in the near future. Most of these are static planes you see. There is someone working on an aftermarket ai program for XPX which I believe is close to completion, but I don't know how it works at the moment. Because of the way X-plane handles ai aircraft, I don't think it will work like Ultimate traffic or My Traffic. I doubt we will ever see an ai traffic program like these for X-plane, but it would be a nice addon. Ill just be happy to see more movement going on at major airports, I don't care if they park at the right gates, but I would like to see US airlines at US airports etc and not just a random selection of planes popping up or 747's at small airfields. Rob

being from NOT NYC, this is definetely a must NOT have for me though I wish I could like it, but compared to Malmi from TruScenery this is way overpriced and below today's standards. judging by the screenshots, this is inferior to the payware quality I have come to expect from the best x-plane and even more so, the majority of FSX sceneries. NYC deserves better than this, even after SANDY. looking forward to their review: xsimreviews.com

That might be a bit harsh, but I also was struck by the fact that the scenery could be better. I am eager to see an airport that can match some of the best stuff out there for the older Sim, most especially in the texture department.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

No, it does not. At least not at the moment and I doubt it will in the near future. Most of these are static planes you see. There is someone working on an aftermarket ai program for XPX which I believe is close to completion, but I don't know how it works at the moment. Because of the way X-plane handles ai aircraft, I don't think it will work like Ultimate traffic or My Traffic. I doubt we will ever see an ai traffic program like these for X-plane, but it would be a nice addon. Ill just be happy to see more movement going on at major airports, I don't care if they park at the right gates, but I would like to see US airlines at US airports etc and not just a random selection of planes popping up or 747's at small airfields. Rob

As far as I know, the XPX AI program will not use the default x-plane AI aircraft. They will be coded as objects so you will be able to run as many AI aircraft (objects) as your computer can do, other then the up to twenty that x-plane allows at the moment.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?