Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

ORBX England

HI Guys

Just thought i would drop into this conversation some other news. As you know VFR Phtooscenery for England is at 1.2m but looks OK with trees and Uk2000 on low flights.

of course the one thing it is is accurate, but its not a patch on Scotland at 60cm which is ground breaking.

So to the news, VFR Photpgraphic scenery England and Wales is now undergoing the HD treatment. 30cm resoluton, 5m terrain and 3D buildings. ( a lot of buildings from earh simulations !! )

expect spring release for the first volumes which looks to be the south east counties.

now we have a dilema!

More soon. laters ! .....

Spent the afternoon, like some of you, mooching around East Angular and there is only one thing that jars...The rust brown wodges of trees! (autumn) But for £28! I did a £100 on VFR so I'm happy enough. One thing I'm quite sure of, this package will improve over time with updates, as did PNW.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Well it's about a quarter of the price for a start...

Well it's about a quarter of the price for a start...

Very good point.

But if you are already vested in the area, then does it add value as of now?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

So to the news, VFR Photographic scenery England and Wales is now undergoing the HD treatment. 30cm resoluton, 5m terrain and 3D buildings. ( a lot of buildings from earh simulations !! )

That is fantastic news!! However, I suspect that terrain at 30cm resolution is going to require an awful lot of DVDs!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

But if you are already vested in the area, then does it add value as of now?

Honestly, no. Like a lot of things with this hobby, if you're happy with what you have there is no need to change it, no matter how forcefully someone else might argue otherwise.

[alert]

If you posted a reply to this topic with a screenshot, and now notice it missing, please re-read the Screenshot forum rules, specifically about only the OP can post images in the FIRST post of the thread. Any subsequent reply may not have an image.

Please post ORBX pics in the ORBX forum.

[/alert]