Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

Passenger lands plane! Nah, still no hope for sim flyers

http://www.independe...cy-3300858.html

And I was so much hoping for 'flight sim enthusiast helps pilots and lands the crippled plane'. :unsure:

Now I do wonder how they came up with the name of the right passenger. Or did they ask over the PA 'Erm, this is your Captain speaking, does somebody of you know how to handle a 747 for real?' Or maybe they are using secret code words. You know, like 'the Eagle won't land itself' or something, being the international message for pilots report to duty! Just thinking. :Whistle:

And is there a discount for passengers later flying the plane themselves? Questions.

They also make it sound like one pilot could not land the airplane by him/her self and we know it is doable in an emergency.

They also make it sound like one pilot could not land the airplane by him/her self

Very true. I guess the word 'hero' is a favourite one in every media. ^_^

From Anthony's linked article.

The spokesperson said the person was a fully-licenced pilot aware FSX flyer.
:wub: :O

Ha just saw that news report, Brian Dobson's pronunciation of Lufthansa is priceless LOL. I do hate when the media hype up things, and get them plain inaccurate. Shots of the flight deck of EI-CWD a BAE 146 and a video of a 737 on approach. LOL. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Shots of the flight deck of EI-CWD a BAE 146

Saw that, hilarious. Crikey, the media can pump out some drivel.

I do hate when the media hype up things, and get them plain inaccurate. Shots of the flight deck of EI-CWD a BAE 146 and a video of a 737 on approach. LOL. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Ró.

It really annoys me when they do that! :P

I do hate when the media hype up things, and get them plain inaccurate

"PLANE" inaccurate. Sorry couldn't help it. :P

"PLANE" inaccurate. Sorry couldn't help it. :P

I was half tempted myself to make that pun originally, then I thought "Nah, I should be serious..." LOL. Great minds think alike I guess...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

“It was a miracle,” said a source involved in the operation. “It had all the elements of a Hollywood movie but thankfully one with a happy ending.”

I wouldn't pay to see a film like that.

A Lufthansa spokeswoman said the man who stepped in was fully licensed to operate and fly the 747.

So its a complete non-story then. What a pile of media driven drivel.

They may as well have reported about a bus full of passengers, the driver fell ill whilst at a bus stop picking up passengers and one of the passengers was an off duty bus driver who in the words of a unnamed source

'The un-named passenger amazingly stepped forward to take control of the bus. He had the entire fate of the 26 passengers on the bus in his hands. He bravely, without a thought of his own safety, was able to drive the bus to the depot where the 26 passengers safely left the bus. 3 passengers were treated for shock at the scene but there were no casualties. I tell you that someone was looking down on us today. It was a miracle indeed. I thought I had forgotten the words to 'Kum Bah Yah' but its amazing what you remember when your life is at danger. All the passengers I spoke to hope the bus driver, who had to give up 10 minutes of his day off to deal with this critical situation, has his fare refunded. Its the least the bus company can do in this type of situation.'

etc etc What a crock. I'm off to bed.

From what I've heard on the grape vine he was a United Airlines Boeing 767 rated pilot, and not a 747 rated pilot, but potato/potáto...

Or maybe they are using secret code words. You know, like 'the Eagle won't land itself' or something, being the international message for pilots report to duty!

There are indeed secret codes used to convey messages to the CC and other pilots and staff on board, though I'm not sure if a non-company pilot would be able to pick up on them.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Lol, thanks to you guys, we had a fascinating look on how small events become hero stories. With mixed up details.

Indeed. :blush:

Flight attendant spilling some coffee. Passenger uses his hanky to help.

Mid-air disaster on flight 269, passenger prevents the worst from happening by offering assistance to the crew. We spoke to the hero after landing. Quote 'without him, we wouldn't have made it. More details after the advertising break. ^_^

Classic Leslie Nielsen, gotta have this guy on your side in an emergency

Matthew Kane

Ahhh one of those films really showing how it works. Remember the autopilot? :He He: