Sign in to follow this  
Danielsen

FSX still responding, black screen.

Sometimes when I'm in cruise and flight sim has been running for a little while, I alt+tab to my browser or to nDAC to view some charts. Not all of the time, but very often at one point during the flight, when I switch back to flightsim my screen kinda froze up. So FSX is still running. I can hear the sounds. But the FSX screen is frozen. I can alt+tab away and things run normal, but not FSX. Doesn't matter if I'm fullscreen or windowed.

Is there a way to "refresh" the screen so I can resume my flight?

This was mentioned in another thread cant remember the solution think it was hitting the alt shift or the esc key some one will come in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yeah, sorry. I can see that there are plenty of solutions to my problem. But I was hoping that something could be done while in flight. But none of the solutions that I found worked while FSX was running anyway. So now I'll try some of the other solutions LOL

Hi, I had this problem after i changed my videocard.

Problem was with the screen size settings.

I could see everything in windowed mode and not in full screen.

Check the size settings you have set in FSX. If they match those of your screen it should fix the problem.

At least for me it worked.

Thanks, but my resolution in FSX is the same as my native resolution. I'm trying to remove my ENB settings since that seem to work for everybody else that removes it lol. I would much rather enjoy a complete flight than to sit and worry when it may give me a black screen og CTD :lol:

Thanks, but my resolution in FSX is the same as my native resolution. I'm trying to remove my ENB settings since that seem to work for everybody else that removes it lol. I would much rather enjoy a complete flight than to sit and worry when it may give me a black screen og CTD :lol:

This happens to me sometimes. When it happens, I press Alt+Enter. FSX will go to windowed mode. Then I press Alt+Enter again, and FSX will return to normal operation in fullscreen mode. Hope this helps....

Regards,

John

It is the ENB series my friend. 100%. Had it on my system, and there is no way to avoid it.

Very sadly, most ENB series don't work correctly with FSX.

The one I use right now seems to be the most stable, it's the FXAA injection tool. It still gives me some crashes, but usually not when selecting menu items, and during flight.

I've seen this problem and I don't use ENB. The Alt+Enter trick works for me every time.

Use sweetFX instead of ENB :-)

André

It is the ENB series my friend. 100%. Had it on my system, and there is no way to avoid it.

Very sadly, most ENB series don't work correctly with FSX.

The one I use right now seems to be the most stable, it's the FXAA injection tool. It still gives me some crashes, but usually not when selecting menu items, and during flight.

Yes 100% ENB series! I completely removed the files and I've put flightsim through a ton of things afterwards with no crashes or black screens thus far. I was almost ready to do a re format of my computer. But that wouldn't have solved it as I would've just put ENB series into the FSX folder again LOL. So happy :smile:

I've seen this problem and I don't use ENB. The Alt+Enter trick works for me every time.

I'm positive it was my ENB series. Because now I haven't had any problems, and Alt+Enter didn't fix it while it was installed, but I'll keep it in mind now that I don't use it anymore. :smile: