Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

House in the middle of the Tokyo Narita Airport

I have seen it with my own eyes, but has anyone else here spotted that lone house holding out at Narita Airport in the middle of the taxiway? I think Overland RJAA has even modelled it in their FS2004 scenery.

This link has a photo: http://gilygily.com/2011/03/10/6-remarkable-stubborn-nail-houses/

Room with a view: the house stranded in the middle of a brand new Chinese highway

Read more: http://www.news.com....3#ixzz2D2EpcgBI

That would be a plane spotters paradise, but I would imagine it's pretty noisy around there!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There was quite a stink in the USA for a few years about various towns and municipalities etc simply announcing eminent domain and seizing people's property to hand it over to powerful developers. It was especially embarrassing when landowners fought back, costings millions in legal fees. (There is at least one case where the government won after spending 80 million, only to have the developer walk away)

Now there is now a widespread, but not particularly organized movement to make the seizure of land by the government for economic development reasons illegal.

You might start seeing a lot more little houses like this.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It's funny how nearly all property owners were rumored to have been offered up to $1 million dollars. That's not much money anymore.

It's funny how nearly all property owners were rumored to have been offered up to $1 million dollars. That's not much money anymore.

I think it's one of those dollar amounts that's a breakpoint in people's minds. Like how stores know to charge $9.99 for something because of the human quirk that people will buy at that pricepoint, but hesitate if even one penny is added and they see the item at $10.00

(Or $1000 rather than $999)

Maybe people are more likely to sell if they hear the magic phrase "I'll give you a million dollars!"

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think it's one of those dollar amounts that's a breakpoint in people's minds. Like how stores know to charge $9.99 for something because of the human quirk that people will buy at that pricepoint, but hesitate if even one penny is added and they see the item at $10.00

(Or 100.00 rather than $999)

Maybe people are more likely to sell if they hear the magic phrase "I'll give you a million dollars!"

I'd rather pay 100$ then 1000$ :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...typing errors imminent

I'd rather pay 100$ then 1000$ :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...typing errors imminent

oops! missed a zero :P

The dangers from typing onna phone.........

Devons rig