Sign in to follow this  
Bunkers

Aerosoft ATR-72 is out!

A 4 step process isn't complicated if you can land an airplane on a CAT III ILS approach, is it? :P

1) Registering: Well this obviously is to protect our work. Using a registration wall, we were able to get some torrent and files from the internet which illegally distributed our work down.

2) Downloading: A 1 click process. We are working on a method for MAC and GNU/Linux users.

3) This is a step that we added, enables you to see how the textures perform on our system and how we assume that it shows up on your end as well. Next to that you can exchange thoughts in comments on the videos, which I think is a nice thing to do (getting informating, giving information and feedback about the product as well).

4) Not that hard either, the most difficult part is putting in the serial.

Why we don't use zips.

Zip files simply don't suite our needs. Besides looking less good, there is a legal drawback. With zips you are not able to show an 'terms and conditions' before installing. In our opinion it is not correct to put an file with terms and conditions inside the zip and mention that upon installing/extracting the files you silently agreed upon these terms and conditions. As a user we want you to be able to actively be able to read and agree rather than just clicking 'I agree' and seeing what is inside terms and conditions afterwards. That is the main reason why we don't use zip files.

The Air Caraïbes was 1 of the liveries I enjoyed painting on the ATR, nice and fresh color scheme.

OK, this was for showing 'terms and conditions'... ^_^ I think this could have be done on the website before accessing to a download link, but I'm not sure this would have been enough for the legal drawback.

The Air Caraïbes was 1 of the liveries I enjoyed painting on the ATR, nice and fresh color schem.

I love it:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/392882-air-caraibes-atr-72-500/

More awesome pictures here from Rob:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/392728-mcphat-atr-72-500/