Sign in to follow this  
Bunkers

Aerosoft ATR-72 is out!

So they've betrayed FSX users then? They can keep their ATR with it's poo coloured cockpit.

...and they call us radical! lol

You really think the firing squad is necessary then?

So they've betrayed FSX users then? They can keep their ATR with it's poo coloured cockpit.

Helps to check the forum things are posted in before going all Benedict Arnold.

...and they call us radical! lol

You really think the firing squad is necessary then?

LOL yup! Anyhow I'm just kidding around it looks like an awesome plane, I hope they do one for FSX eventually. I returned the Flight 1 ATR because its visuals were too dated =(.

Has anyone tried it out yet? Please post your thoughts..

I might wait until it is UFMC compatible, if it is not yet.

I love this aircraft, pity was not released by a reliable developer

So you think McPhat is unreliable only because they had some disagreement with another "reliable" developer?

I'm just guessing.

I don't know why it's "betray". The ATR project is for X-Plane since Day One.

Zicheng Cai

Well I may not be a fan of the external texturing, but the model as well as the VC looks very good indeed!!

Hey, Tom,

If you don't mind my asking, what is your objection to the external textures? I am genuinely interested in your true feelings and not challenging you. I think you bring up a point I, as a publisher, have been going back and forth with many times and I love to hear from users why they do or do not like something so we may take the correct paths in the future.

Founder of X-Aviation

So you think McPhat is unreliable only because they had some disagreement with another "reliable" developer?

I'm just guessing.

Still waiting for the McPhat paint kit for the Coolsky DC-9.....1+ month after release. No doubt they're busy selling their SD Megapacks which can only be created with some sort of paint kit.

No paint kit = no buy. Even though I really liked the ATR.

Hey, Tom,

If you don't mind my asking, what is your objection to the external textures? I am genuinely interested in your true feelings and not challenging you. I think you bring up a point I, as a publisher, have been going back and forth with many times and I love to hear from users why they do or do not like something so we may take the correct paths in the future.

I'm basing this from their promo video (There is a post on this in this forum section). of the Aer Lingus ATR-72. As I stated in that post, I think the textures gives it plastic feel to the aircraft. I also stated I don't like their FSX Textures. With those they look like patchwork quilts is the best way to describe them. Mostly notcible with the color paints like KLM, Or the chrome AA paints. That's just my opinion though!! I found a video I think will show you what I mean!! Notice the change in coloration of the textures. I think I know what they were trying to do, but I just don't think it works well. The actual 3D model including the VC looks extremely detailed and well done though.

Edit: I just saw some screenshots posted in the screenshot section of the American Eagle livery, which does look a lot better, so maybe it is just that one livery in that video (Or maybe some video effects they are using on it) that is turning me off!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I'm just guessing.

I love this aircraft, pity was not released by a reliable developer

Aerosoft are only the publishers, it was developed externally.

Maybe worth to take a look then, thanks.

You may want to read the full thread before answering a single post. B)

Still waiting for the McPhat paint kit for the Coolsky DC-9.....1+ month after release. No doubt they're busy selling their SD Megapacks which can only be created with some sort of paint kit.

No paint kit = no buy. Even though I really liked the ATR.

Hahaha, you must be a genius livery artist!

Zicheng Cai

Hahaha, you must be a genius livery artist!

Remember you cannot paint over the original McPhat textures, even as freeware as that is considered copyright infringement, unless express permission is given e.g. Paint kit. This is straight from the developers at Coolsky, which is why there are no 3rd party liveries except McPhat's own payware livery packs.

There are 100+ operators of the ATR at the moment, and with no paint kit you're not allowed to paint. So you're completely stuck on the 8 default liveries and whatever $$$ livery packs Mcphat comes up with.

'