Sign in to follow this  

My 2500K is at 5Ghz and never get any higher temperatures of 67 degrees Celsius on full load.

FSX runs like a dream with everything set at Ultra high settings. I get no lower than 96 FPS and get 133FPS on average with heavy Sceneries such as Flytampa Dubai rebooted and FTX England etc....

PS make sure have the proper cooling equipment. I also suggest water cooling on your CPU which I also have. I keep my PC inside a cupboard with built in air conditioning which is around 14 degrees Celsius inside there (sounds strange heh!!).

I keep my PC inside a cuboard with built in air conditioning which is around 14 degrees Celsius inside there

I've read suggestions to keep your PC inside a refrigerator, but you're the first one who said they actually did it. :)

Got pics?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

My 2500K is at 5Ghz and never get any higher temperatures of 67 degrees Celsius on full load.

FSX runs like a dream with everything set at Ultra high settings. I get no lower than 96 FPS and get 133FPS on average with heavy Sceneries such as Flytampa Dubai rebooted and FTX England etc....

PS make sure you have proper cooling equipment. I also suggest water cooling on your CPU which I also have. I keep my PC inside a cupboard with built in air conditioning which is around 14 degrees Celsius inside there (sounds strange heh!!).

I've read suggestions to keep your PC inside a refrigerator, but you're the first one who said they actually did it. :)

Got pics?

Hook

I don't recommend Refrigeration since I've seen some scenarios where the MOBO and HDD literally froze. The good thing about aircons is that they blow cool air and the fans blow them in rather than freezing up your motherboard unlike refrigerators. you can control it via a remote control unlike refrigerators. My Corsair H100 takes huge advantage of this due to the cool air released from the aircon which is around 9-13c which is then directly used to cool the liquid in the H100 in a proper manner to then cool the CPU.

I've seen a mind-blowing difference in temp when using Aircon. When it's off I get 88 degrees and when it's on to 13c, I never get higher than 68 degrees on full load (overclocked at 5Ghz) BTW I don't recommend any lower than 5 degrees since your mobo and HDD could freeze and won't operate properly.

If you don't want to cool up the whole room the just buy a fair sized cupboard and also a fair sized and efficient aircon and put them inside together.

My cupboard is built into the wall behind my monitor so yeah.... It isn't that bad.

This is a huge advantage if you want extreme overclocking or live in a hot climate like Dubai, Doha or Saudi Arabia.

Actually a mate of mine who lives out here has his PC in a large glass fridge, the fridge was from a nightclub and was used to store bottles of Coca cola.

Rob Prest

You can actually buy small refrigeration/cooling units specifically made for water cooled PC's.

You just run your 1/4" water tubing out the back of your PC and into this little chiller and back into your PC, and they claim to be almost silent (Quieter than your PC anyway)