Sign in to follow this  
peter197

Your hotrod of choice?

Hey guys,

So after moving to a new fancy FSX computer, I decided to turn a new leaf and get interested in some military jets from commercial jets. A breath of fresh air. So I have some of these jets but I'd like to know your opinions about some and what you think I should get.

Please could you provide an opinions about the ones I don't have.

The ones I have:

English Electric Lightning(My favourite).

Dino F-14

Milviz F-15E

Milviz T-38A

IRIS F-22

JF F-111

AV8B Harrier

Suggestions of these?

VRS F/A-18 Superhornet

F-16 Fighting Falcon

Milviz F86 Sabre

Hawker Hunter

J-11B Flanker

Typhoon(when it comes out)

Any others you might think of?

Pete

Oh I don't know -- FS9 users would have their favourites too. I'm with Peter197 as regards the EE Lightning. The Panavia Tornado is another of my favourites when I get tired of puttering around in a Cessna or wrangling Airbuses :lol:

There is no proper payware for it is there? The Lightning is a joy to fly, shame the fuel tanks beg to differ.

I have that Milviz F-86, boy is that thing a hotrod! The custom Camera views blew my mind away the first time I saw them too.

I would recommend the IRIS A-10 for a change of pace, whilst you're still staying in the (relatively) fast mover category.

Oh yeah, what is particularly good about it? Quite interested. How about the Milviz F86?

I'm assuming you're talking about the A-10 in your first question, so I'll start there. It's just a category in itself. It's still an military jet, but by no means is it the kind of fast that you think when you think "Air Force". It was built to move mud and do it well. It handles really well, due to those massive ailerons they put on it, and is easy to slow down. You have the F-22, so think of it as a few steps up the complexity ladder, and the VC is about the same level graphic-wise, if not better.

The F-86 is just a fast mover. It can do everything you would expect an F-86 to do, and the exterior model is amazing! The engine management is complex, yet once you realize what the limitations are of the engine, it becomes an easy engine to manage. The VC is amazing, and the lighting is quite good, and of course you have that Flight1 30 day money back guarentee.

So the A-10 is ground role, pretty much a modernised Stuka.

F-86 sure does look elegant.

Pete

I love my VRS....You can't go wrong with that baby!

If you are looking for a HotRod, this is the one for you I say. Systems wise it is PMDG quality.

2012-11-6_20-24-19-138.jpg

2012-11-6_20-42-39-538.jpg

Suggestions of these?

VRS F/A-18 Superhornet

F-16 Fighting Falcon

Milviz F86 Sabre

Hawker Hunter

J-11B Flanker

Typhoon(when it comes out

From this particular list I would choose only from two - either Superbug or Sabre. Rest is... meh.

There's no good Typhoon and I doubt there will be good one soon. One is in the works for DCS, but for FSX... yeah Just Flight making one, but when I saw the cockpit... they're six years late. Flanker is the same story. F-16 is made both by Iris and Aerosoft, but tragic and not even comparable, and since I don't know about any Hunter, let's get back to the first two.

Superbug - top notch of FSX military aircraft. You'll get perfectly simulated aircraft and if you also buy TacPac for it, you'll get some weapons and real combat too. Modern fast mover able to land on carrier, so a lot of fun.

Sabre - from what I read and saw it's really a masterpiece. You own Milviz stuff already, so you know what they can do. If you say Hot Rod, I say Sabre. But now it's up to you to decide whether you get Classic warbird or Hi-tech multirole. Either way you're gonna get the best. :smile:

BTW you'll get both eventually anyway, trust me. One does not simple resist awesome addons.