Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

The Best Seat on the Planet - And my Homeland!

Came across this wonderful video that just happens to be my home.

This is my home. I have lived here longer than anywhere in my life. I am deeply rooted here. I have walked, hiked, camped and flown in real life over every inch of the area in this film. To me it is the greatest place on the planet. Here I have raised three children that have rewarded me with three grand children.

Grab a tea, coffee or heck a beer...a snack and sit back and take this ride over my homeland. It's 19 minutes long but you can skip sections if you like. The video actually show several places we have lived, Maple Bay, Sooke, Port Renfrew.

Http://vimeo.com/53986934

cheer, Bryan (aka fltsimguy)

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Beautifull indeed, Bryan!

Thanks for sharing.

Perhaps one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. WOW Stan

Nice Bryan... I grew up north of you in SE Alaska on Prince of Wales Island. Wouldn't trade that for the world. Loved the video! Thanks for sharing

Jeff

I've driven that route around the south end of the island from Victoria to Juan DeFuca and up to Lake Cowichan in a car. Looks even better from the air though. Fantastic place. We camped on Juan Defuca Park while we were there.

Great Video

Matthew Kane

I've driven that route around the south end of the island from Victoria to Juan DeFuca and up to Lake Cowichan in a car. Looks even better from the air though. Fantastic place. We camped on Juan Defuca Park while we were there.

Great Video

Great to hear, sounds like you had a good experience.

Near CAM3

It's 19 minutes long but you can skip sections if you like.

Skip sections? No WAY!

Thanks so much for the link. A few years back, my wife and I did an extended motorcycle tour from our home in Colorado through BC. We'd toured parts of BC and the Canadian Rockies before, but this year we took the extra time off to be able to do more in depth exploring. During the tour, we spent the better part of a week (and I do mean better!) on Vancouver Island. Came over on the ferry from Horseshoe Bay, and then went back to the US from Victoria to Port Angeles. In between we did day rides out of a great place on a bay north of Nanaimo. To cut to the chase, we fell in love with the island and have wanted to go back ever since.

BTW, BC Ferries are great and know how to treat motorcyclists. Wish I could say the same for the US company that ran the tramp steamer, er... ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles.

Thanks again!

Scott

Nice video, beautiful country and a nice day always make a great video, it's always beautiful to fly over on flights to Seattle, though I'd prefer my country on a nice day over BC every day of the week, I prefer mountains ;)

Nice video, beautiful country and a nice day always make a great video, it's always beautiful to fly over on flights to Seattle, though I'd prefer my country on a nice day over BC every day of the week, I prefer mountains ;)

Do you mean, Alaska? Is so, no question we both live in some of the best land on the planet.

Near CAM3