Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Possible EZCA discovery concerning over sensitive controls

I have been trying to set up the Milviz Baron for the past few days. I found it to be very over sensitive to rudder and brake inputs using Saitek Rudder unit. No matter what I did, the thing was all over the place during taxi. Note that I have been using the EZCA profile that was prepared by Milviz. After purchasing The Opus weather program, I decided to Turn off the EZCA setup and try out the opus camera effects. After setting up a Camera, I started a test flight to check things out. I use FSUIPC for setting up all control inputs and had the rudder and brake controls dialed all the way back trying to control this beast on the ground. To my surprise I noticed it took much more input (almost full deflection) to get the brakes or rudder to take effect. Also note that in testing I had set the realism setting in FSX to Easy.

I returned all the Slope settings in FSUIPC back to 0 and changed the realism settings to realistic and sure enough, the control problems were a thing of the past. The other thing that I noticed was that the nose drop experienced during braking was much more realistic. I have not tried this on any other aircraft at this point. I just thought it was worth letting the community know. I quite often see threads with similar control problems. It seems like at least in this case EZCA was doing to much!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I have EZCA and MilViz baron and I haven't experienced any problems you mentioned. In fact, I can't understand how EZCA would affect to plane controls as software manages only cameras in simulator's 3D environment. It simply doesn't interact with controller inputs in any way.

I don't say it is impossible, but it sounds strange.

Just some info. If you go to youtube and do a search for Froogle you will get some really good videos on setting up the pmdg ngx and ezca. After watching his video on ezca I understood a lot more than I did before. He is kind of funny too. He likes to order coffee in fs2crew.

Just some info. If you go to youtube and do a search for Froogle you will get some really good videos on setting up the pmdg ngx and ezca. After watching his video on ezca I understood a lot more than I did before. He is kind of funny too. He likes to order coffee in fs2crew.

I have EZCA and MilViz baron and I haven't experienced any problems you mentioned. In fact, I can't understand how EZCA would affect to plane controls as software manages only cameras in simulator's 3D environment. It simply doesn't interact with controller inputs in any way.

I don't say it is impossible, but it sounds strange.

I agree with you. I use EZCA on all the aircraft I fly until last night (LOL)....Love it..... I don't think or believe it is a "Bug" with either program. The Baron and many light twins can be a handfull to taxi and the guys at milviz admit that. They admit that they built that sensitivity into it. I think in doing so, at least on my system their good work and EZCA is just to much or a good thing. Who knows for sure. It could have just been a glitch in my system that got cleared just messing with it. I just know that the difference is night and day. I no longer have to bounce off 747's to get to the departure Runway :dance:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/