Sign in to follow this  
gibaba

Dubai Rebboted and ExperienceX Night Light

Well!! The poles are made of just a few polys without texture. They do not influence the performance of the simulator. What influences the whole is scenario + aircraft + weather.

But if you want you can ask for Braket, a MOD without light poles. Just get in touch with him.

at

Gibaba

Well!! The poles are made of just a few polys without texture. They do not influence the performance of the simulator. What influences the whole is scenario + aircraft + weather.

True, they maybe a few polys, but if your running it with the lights closely spaced then I could see how those few polys would turn into hundred or thousands of polys which could then lead to a decrease in performance.

A year or two ago a fellow in the scenery design forum made be some light effect balls that were compiled as a .bgl that I could use with an object placer like Instant Scenery or similar. I was able to place hundreds of lights in a city on streets and freeways and there was no FPS effect at all and they didn't have poles, just light balls. Granted it is a lot of work placing these one at a time and there is probably an easier way to do it using some type of vector tool, but none the less they had no effect on performance at all like UTX lights or ORBX lights do.

I still have not tried your product yet as I am still on the fence since I have read they sometimes dont show up above photo scenery (which I dont understand), the installer installs night textures which overwrite GEX night textures, and the entries in the terrain.cfg can be deleted or altered by turning ORBX on or off.

My wish is that the installer worked like this. If it did it like this, I would have probably already purchased.

1. Open the installer

2. Choose the light colors and spacing you want and poles/no poles

3. Choose whether or not to install nigh textures

4. Installer then compiles the lights/vector data into a scenery .bgl that can be placed at a higher level than photo scenery and no entries written to the terrain.cfg

In the FS9 product of Ultimate Terrain, the lights are compiled into scenery .bgls that can be placed on any layer you want and work with photo scenery.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi all

In the next days we will be offering a new update.

Two new options requested by users.

1 - Option lamps with poles and no poles.

2 - no autogen option. Only many lights. For users who like to fly at night and in heavy scenarios are with FPS problems due to hardware limitations and other factors.

These two options will be on and off with a button.

thank you

Gibaba

beetleprint