Sign in to follow this  
gibaba

Dubai Rebboted and ExperienceX Night Light

I dont know if the hit is less than utx. But there is a fps hit.

As for orbx. FTX central does not change the configure for experience X, which is in the terrain.cfg file. It only checks the file but does not change anything in there if you have already ftx central launched once. What the FTX lights on or off.exe does is, it activate a .bgl scenery file which tells fsx where to place lights, specific for the orbx area, so it does not affect the scenery outside orbx. So you will not have to reconfigure everytime.

Thanks for the answer.

Next question would be:

Is there an "Enable" and "Disable" button?

I might try this but it would be better for me to use it in a less complex scenery.

For example Manhattan takes a big fps bite so I would rather disable it there.

I have not tried Dubai yet but i hear it is very fps heavy. So not sure I could take another fps hit there either.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

I love this add-on! BUT lt me repeat what I have already written so that there's NO misunderstanding:

THESE LIGHTS AFFECT PERFORMANCE SIGNIFICANTLY IF THEY ARE NOT CONFIGURED PROPERLY. (caps only for emphasis)

IF YOU HAVE FTX REGIONS YOU WILL NEED TO FIX THE TERRAIN.CFG AND USE IT TO REPLACE EXISTING ONE EVERY TIME YOU ENABLE OR DISABLE FTX. (Dev is working on a fix)

Anything else is misleading and simply a LIE. Let me repeat this is an excellent add-on, but if you think that it's NOT going to affect performance, you will be disappointed.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yes and since I have design a couple of airports including my home airport, Isla Grande, I just installed a bunch of light fixtures in the scenery...looks awesome!

Chemanuel

@DJJose I have UTX/GEX and ORBX England but as a personal preference have not bothered with the latter since getting this particular add-on. I have my lights set to extreme and when flying over London don't notice any reduction in the way the sim flys. And that's using Eyefinity on three screens.

@DJJose I have UTX/GEX and ORBX England but as a personal preference have not bothered with the latter since getting this particular add-on. I have my lights set to extreme and when flying over London don't notice any reduction in the way the sim flys. And that's using Eyefinity on three screens.

I would love to be able to use ExperienceX in the ORBX regions. Any help with terrain.cfg settings is greatly appreciated.

I would love to be able to use ExperienceX in the ORBX regions. Any help with terrain.cfg settings is greatly appreciated.

I'm sure the Devs will find the answer if it exists. Since buying this I've not turned on my ORBX region so have not suffered from your issue. I know what you mean though ill just wait to see if a fix comes along. Sorry can't be of any help though.

I dont know if the hit is less than utx. But there is a fps hit.

As for orbx. FTX central does not change the configure for experience X, which is in the terrain.cfg file. It only checks the file but does not change anything in there if you have already ftx central launched once. What the FTX lights on or off.exe does is, it activate a .bgl scenery file which tells fsx where to place lights, specific for the orbx area, so it does not affect the scenery outside orbx. So you will not have to reconfigure everytime.

Eef,

Actually that's not true in my experience. I can post before and after terrain.cfg where the only thing I do in between is open FTX Central, without even switching regions. Every time FTX Central runs it modifies terrain.cfg and changes the ExperienceX entries as I posted above. Why that is, I don't know, but it does.

If you have a fix please let me know.

James

Humm, this sounds very promising....but maybe not yet.

I will keep following their progress and buy when it matures.

Since no one answered about the enable/disable I will assume it does not have that function.

Hard to tell without seeing the interface what kind of options it has. The website is a bit vague.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Humm, this sounds very promising....but maybe not yet.

I will keep following their progress and buy when it matures.

Since no one answered about the enable/disable I will assume it does not have that function.

Hard to tell without seeing the interface what kind of options it has. The website is a bit vague.

You can enable or disable (install or uninstall) the poles/lights by using its control panel.

If you have FTX you will need to use a replacement terrain.cfg everytime you enable or disable FTX.