Sign in to follow this  
BK2

NGX – Blank/Black displays

It's been a while since the NGX was installed in my system. All was nice and dandy and FSX worked fine (with the help of FSPS extreme FSX PC) for a long period of time. No hiccups really.

Recently I made a purchase of a new A/C addon (I will avoid identifying it…since I am really ###### about this recent purchase and consider it an "out of the window" money) and installed it on the machine. It gave me several crashes of FSX clearly tied to that addon. As a result I am experiencing today problems with the NGX which are as follows:

1. The PMDG menu disappeared.

1. In fact only the "about" line exists.
    2. The 744X menu items completely disappeared
    3. PMDG sound menu item disappeared

[*]I get blank displays in the NGX

[*]Loading the NGX – hangs FSX. The panel initialization process does not even start and displays remain blank.

[*]It looks like everything is fine with FSX but when I close FSX it turns out that it is hanged up.

[*]Uninstalled and re-installed the NGX but to no results. The same problem persists.

[*]Default A/C seems fine

[*]WILCO 737 displays are also blank.

I will appreciate if anybody can comment on that before I am diving into the adventure of uninstalling FSX altogether and re-installing my "thousand" addons.

Thanks

BennyK

My system: CPU Quad Core Q8400, 4G RAM, Display GTX480, a lots of hard disk…

dont know for sure but i remember ryan has mentioned something about the wilco 737 that causes some kind of problem with the pmdg aircraft some how cant be sure but maybe some one can confirm this

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

dont know for sure but i remember ryan has mentioned something about the wilco 737 that causes some kind of problem with the pmdg aircraft some how cant be sure but maybe some one can confirm this

maybe I was not clear enough: It's not the Wilco 737 which caused all this trouble. In fact the Wilco addon shows the same impact of the new addon installation.

Thanks

BennyK

Sounds like an install or authorization issue. Open a ticket with PMDG support, they will be able to assist.

Damn I hope its not one of the addons I was thinking about purchasing in the next couple of weeks. Have you tried uninstalling just the addon?

Pete, McMahon

Try this - remove all of the PMDG references in your FSX.CFG - then delete all PMDG737 references in the following folder...

c:\users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects

Also - you might want to make sure your default aircraft is not the NGX before you restart FSX again. Start it back up and see if this works. All of the things mentioned to delete will come back once you re-launch.

Always a good idea to backup your FSX.cfg before modifying.

I used a backup version of FSX.cfg also. Went back one step. It did not help, and maybe I have to go back one more. We'll try later.

Thanks for the advice.

Benny K

Damn I hope its not one of the addons I was thinking about purchasing in the next couple of weeks. Have you tried uninstalling just the addon?

Pete, McMahon

I did uninstall this addon. Don't think I will ever use it again... Don't know what you were thinking of buying. If it's this one, then beware... :lol: .

Benny K

I used a backup version of FSX.cfg also. Went back one step. It did not help, and maybe I have to go back one more. We'll try later.

Thanks for the advice.

Benny K

I did uninstall this addon. Don't think I will ever use it again... Don't know what you were thinking of buying. If it's this one, then beware... :lol: .

Benny K

There's nothing wrong with the Wilco 737 as such, apart from it being rather dated. I still fly it and it does no harm to PMDG sims. The only issue is the installer which can mess up a file which will then affect PMDG addons. PMDG will fix the file for you it you can correct it yourself if you have a decent text editor.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Just to be clear, the file I was talking about above is dll.xml.

ki9cAAb.jpg

There's nothing wrong with the Wilco 737 as such, apart from it being rather dated. I still fly it and it does no harm to PMDG sims. The only issue is the installer which can mess up a file which will then affect PMDG addons. PMDG will fix the file for you it you can correct it yourself if you have a decent text editor.

thx for that kevin thought it had something to do with it, but not to the op problem . Dont know why the cloak and dagger stuff for not saying what the addon was that he has suspected to be causing the problem, if he didnt wanted to be known why say it in the first place

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just to be clear, the file I was talking about above is dll.xml.

Well, good news. This hint about the DLL.xml directed me to the PMDG technical support page. There I found the article about fixing the dll.xml file. It turns out the file was corrupted somehow. I deleted the following section:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Captain Sim 777 Sound</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>Captain_Sim\777\cs.sound.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

And added a missing line at the bottom of the file per the instructions in the article...

Following that the 737NGX came to life, again.

Thank you all for the assistance.

Benny K

Yeppers, probably the installation routine of that particular addon is not written correctly, and as a result it knocks some of your addons out. I had a similar issue recently, but with uninstall. Fortunately there was a backup there.