Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Austin, please add snow ground textures!

we have snow falling from sky so why cant they just add the ground textures, I hate looking at green textures in December :lol: :(

Yes FlashIsisMaya!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS PulEEEEEEEEEEEEEze Austin, Ben, whoever!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

"The sim-pilots slept soundly, all snug in their beds... While dreams of snow textures, danced in their heads......"

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

HiFlyer! We need you in that other World!!!!! ;-) I mean the D..C... you know :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

we have snow falling from sky so why cant they just add the ground textures, I hate looking at green textures in December :lol: :(

+1, yes, sadly needed.......my sim world is not plausible this time of year without snow ground textures... :mellow:

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

The problem is that it's not enough to have some ground textures and maybe trees with snow added but all other autogen stuff like houses and airport buildings need added snow too. Otherwise cities would look rather odd. Considering that even the autogen stuff without snow is not yet complete I doubt that we will see snow in x-plane anytime soon.

HiFlyer! We need you in that other World!!!!! ;-) I mean the D..C... you know :-)

I'm considering it. :-D

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

And even the ground texture set is far from finished ... and improving (extending) all the time since XP10 was released. Even if many didn't realize, because many small steps are less obvious than a few big one .... but if you would compare the landscape (textures) from XP10.00 with XP10.20 you would see quite some differences (improvements).

As a critic of XP10's ground texturing in the beginning, I am seeing some slow and steady improvements. I've noticed better underlay textures in suburban/developed areas... still lacking in true cities, but from a distance before the autogen pops into view, you can start to make out developed areas far better than before.

All steps in the right direction, but still a long walk to go.... not to mention the harsh reality of the missing winter season. :)

Well, I have heard, that there is "some" work going on with the city textures too (in parallel to the autogen updates - which are not finished too) ... This is not a promise, but something I heard from Ben.

AND: believe it or not, but I am a big winter fan too (and we even have some nice snow since a few days), like skiing, mountains .... you name it. And yes, I would like to have winter textures too, but know why it is not feasible at the moment (dream and reality are rarely in sync B) )