Sign in to follow this  
Poppa Bear

Elevator trim broken

I'll start my FS9 flight cold & dark and run through the checklists. Elevator trim indicates correctly as per the FMC, which is completely programmed. Everything works as expected until pushback. Sometime during the actual pushback, the trim will completely run off the dial to almost no white bar indication. Naturally, this is unflyable. Also, the nose wheel neither turns nor rotates. These actions occur on both default MS airports and third-party sites.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled just PMDG, without success.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers!!

How are you setting trim? Are you using an external controller axis that might be interfering? Disabling autorudder should allow your nose wheel animations to function.

Screen shots are always appreciated.

Hi,

I had both issues in fsx, and solved them by

1) turning off auto rudder in fs settings

2) starting off in the default C172 and switching off the fuel, avionics, battery, and turn the key tk the left

Then load the PMDG 747 from the menu bar.

Good luck

Thanks for the replys, fellas. Auto-rudder was already off, no button assignments for any trim. I have never adjusted elevator trim during pre-flight, right, wrong or indifferent. Whatever is in the FMC has always corresponded with the indicator. Anything else?

Cheers!!

I wish people wouldn't uninstall and reinstall so much. It's rarely ever that bad to require that. Troubleshoot first, and then work from there. The last resorts are a reinstall of anything.

...man, if my parents had the same mindset whenever I acted up.

In all seriousness, try unplugging your hardware (joystick, etc) to see if that has an effect. If not that, then there's something in the background telling the sim to run up your trim. Most commonly, I see it on CH yokes, because there's a rocker my friends use to set the trim, but there's also a trim wheel on the body, under the yoke. If that is left out of position, and it is assigned to the trim axis, that will cause issues.

-Unplug the hardware. If that stops it, you know it's the hardware.

-If that doesn't, and you have FSUIPC, I've found that assigning through FSUIPC can cause issues (assigned rudder trim with it through my X-45 and it caused a hardover

-Check your FSX assignments and deactivate any axes you do not use (I went further and killed key commands I don't use, in case I want to assign them in my PMDG options)

Kyle Rodgers

Zero trim adjustments via the Warthog HOTAS. Zero FSUIPC config. Reinstalled in the forelorn hopes that, somehow, PMDG would unscrew itself. Silly me. Next?

How about unplugging the hardware?

Uhm, why? System reboots, USB reinitializes. No problems with the hardware in World of Warplanes, for example.

Uhm, why?

Umm...to rule out hardware issues related to FSX.

Just trying to help, because it's apparently bad enough for you to come here and ask for help, but based on your reaction, I won't bother any further.

Good luck, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Please post screen shots of the FMC page with trim information and the trim gauge on the 2-D throttle panel with the numbers showing. Screen shots of the 2-D overhead panel would also be greatly appreciated.

How are you performing pushback?

I wish people wouldn't uninstall and reinstall so much. It's rarely ever that bad to require that. Troubleshoot first, and then work from there. The last resorts are a reinstall of anything.

Umm...to rule out hardware issues related to FSX.

Just trying to help, because it's apparently bad enough for you to come here and ask for help, but based on your reaction, I won't bother any further.

Good luck, though.

Wow. Just wow. Trying to understand the methodology and you get all butt-hurt. Don't reinstall but unplug. M'kay... Why? Sorry to have caught you on your bad day but thanks all the same for the attempt. BTW, still didn't work. I'll post up some screenies later.

Merry Christmas and Cheers!!

Trying to understand the methodology and you get all butt-hurt. Don't reinstall but unplug. M'kay... Why?

If the controller is causing a problem, unplugging it will solve the problem. This is just part of the normal troubleshooting process. Eliminate one thing at a time until you've isolated the problem.

If you unplug the controller and you still have the problem, then we know it's not the controller and can move on from there.

Hope this helps.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;