Hey everybody.

I was wondering if anyone has made an attempt at creating the Avro Canada C102 Jetliner in FSX. I really like this old plane and the heritage it has, and really want to be able to fly it. I don't know any places where you could get the specs for it, but I'm sure some digging will turn someting out.

http://en.wikipedia....a_C102_Jetliner

If anyone could help out, that'd be great! I don't know how to design aircraft or anything of the sort, so I can't do this.

Thanks!

FYI: This is my first post, and I'm pretty new at this, so if I make any mistakes, correct me.

Given that it's a rare bird, I don't think anyone has ever made an attempt at modeling it for MSFS. I never even knew this aircraft existed until reading this post. Modeling an aircraft is fairly detailed and can take weeks or months for just the external model. There's some pretty skilled modelers who participate in these forums but I'm certain such a model is a huge challenge without 3 views. And I don't think 3 views exist for this aircraft given its rarity.

It certainly doesn't hurt to ask if someone can take up the challenge. But I challenge you to learn how to design, that's where the best reward is. You can't design only because you haven't tried....my first design was pretty crude but I released it and believe it or not, I still get emails from simmers who enjoy it. But my skills aren't up to a task like this--I work soley with trikes and ultralights.

Regards,

John

Considering that only one prototype was completed, and that it never saw even one commercial flight, it is very unlikely that there'd be any interest whatsoever in spending the months needed to model the exterior.

The interior and cockpit would be impossible, since it would be sheer fantasy!

I'll admit though that for a 1949 design, it was quite beautiful and sleek! As it happens, that failed aircraft design is my exact age... :unsure:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the answers.

I do hope on getting into aircraft design in the future, but for now, I don't have the time or computer to get into it. A goal for later!

It is a very nice aircraft, and Avro Canada generally did that - took specifications and put them into a wonderful, high-performance aircraft. It is true that there are few (if any) interior shots of this bird, however.

Thanks a lot!

Liam

That is a nice looking airliner. A shame that it never went into production.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

First time I hear (read) about this aircraft. I'm trying to imagine how those engines would sound.... Lots of great jet noise I imagine! Thanks for the heads up !

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

I love this plane, and the many other unfortunate cast ofsf from Avro...such as the the CF-105 Arrow. Such an inovative and progressive Canadian company with technological forsight beyond its time. Perhaps thats why they did not last longer...

I have a fabulous poster (hardback mounted now) of the Jetliner flying low over an apron full of spectators on a rainy day, with the reflected image of the CF-105 Arrow showing in the wet apron pavement...great piece of art and a testament to a great part of aeronautical history in Canada.

it was started by a good friend of mine he also did the tutor for fs9 I still got some of his base model files here but sadly he hasnt taken it back up agiain for fsx