Sign in to follow this  
DannyH73

Orbx - 2013 release announcement

Hi Rich,

As Bill Womack is now working with ORBX his Plumb Island and proposed Martha's Vineyard might give a clue as to area? If it included "Bawstin" up to the mouth of the St Lawrence it would be about the same size as PNW but all the Newfies would be spitting blood if they got left out? ....and we wouldn't want them to be. With the recent FTX ENG release I'd rather they made smaller areas to better detail than try and cover bigger areas with less attention to detail?

The usual debates between types of VP's will ensue? Bawstin and Canadian Cities on the St Lawrence are the only real "tubeliner" destinations but the entire region is well served (unlike FSX?) by regional feederliners and airports? Of course if Bawstin's Logan was included there are already high detail models of this available and that would allow tubeliner jocks to take off in FTX, fly across the continent (more interesting than the atlantic even with default scenery?) and land in Seattle or Vancouver in FTX? Can't believe it's taken so long to make this obvious possibility?

As far as GA is concerned there's loads of interest and no end of military fields for Fast Jet jocks.

There's already a decent freeware photoreal scenery of Mount Washington in the libraries but that and Plumb Island is all I have right now and knowing the region I'd love to see more.

BTW forgot the potential for floatplanes. Lake Winnipesaukee and Moosehead lake spring immediately to mind?

The more I think about the time I've spent there the more puzzled I am that it's received so little attention so far!

Geoff Brown

Geoff thanks so much for the detailed post appreciate it, as I only fly the ngx into KBOS some nice coverage of the north east would be great, as for plumb island I do have that scenery pretty nice to, take care.

Rich Sennett